cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Adding 4G LTE to More Than 20 Additional Cities in Coming Months

Wizard

Sprint Adding 4G LTE to More Than 20 Additional Cities in Coming Months

Millions of power data users in several major cities will soon enjoy the 4G LTE experience with the only Truly UnlimitedSM 4G LTE plans from a national carrier. Our network build is progressing on schedule in more than 20 additional cities within its nationwide 3G footprint.

During the pre-launch phase, Sprint customers with capable devices may begin to see 4G LTE coverage in these areas and are welcome to use the network even before it officially launches.

While signals are available in these areas, more sites will continue to be turned on in the days and weeks ahead. With the addition of 4G LTE service, our network in these areas can handle more voice and data traffic.

The 4G LTE network build is under way in the following additional areas:

• San Francisco, CA, San Mateo-Redwood City, CA
  • Cape Coral-Ft Meyers, FL
  • Dyersburg-Union City-Martin, TN
  • Emporia, KS
  • Fort Wayne, IN
  • Greenwood, MS
  • Joplin, MO
  • Kokomo, IN
  • Lafayette/West Lafayette, IN
  • Lexington Park, MD
  • Marion, IN
  • Napa, CA
  • Naples-Marco Island, FL
  • Ottawa-Streator, IL
  • Punta Gorda, FL
  • Santa Rosa-Petaluma, CA
  • Sarasota-Bradenton, FL
  • Sebring, FL
  • South Bend-Mishawaka, IN
  • Terre Haute, IN
  • Vallejo-Fairfield, CA
  • Warsaw, IN
181 REPLIES 181
GrandMaster

Re: Sprint Adding 4G LTE to More Than 20 Additional Cities in Coming Months

sweet...some california NV love

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Face palm. Four retirement meccas on the west coast of Florida are getting 4G LTE? Over on the space coast, which is full of advanced defense contractors, we don't even have WiMax yet. Seriously looking for a good reason to stay with Sprint service.

Journeyman

Seriously Guys,  I understand missing Lexington Ky over other bigger markets but we are just a "little" bigger that Ottowa/Streator for example.  I'm with the last poster, my contract is up in less that a year and I would really like to have some reason to stay with Sprint beside the increasing cost of doing business with you (yes that is sarcasm) 

Journeyman

I can't believe Indianapolis isn't on the list. Can someone please explain this?

Journeyman

I love how there still isn't a single freaking city in Michigan with 4G LTE coverage scheduled...........

Journeyman

Yawn. Wisconsin ignored just like it was with the failed Wimax 4G.

Journeyman

They are working On Indianapolis's Coverage/ 4g. Im just so happy my city is on that list lol. Over 20,000 people complained multiple times here

Journeyman

and still no nyc like are you serious sprint

Journeyman

I don't understand why their updating all these stupid hick towns and are ignoring the major cities that Sprint has a strong foothold in. Until there is a massive amount of people who decide to leave sprint all at once they won't have any urgency to upgrade anyones service any faster than they have to.

If anyone has the balls to start the uprising, let me know. I'm happy to help! By the way, companys like Sprint hate when you take to social forums like twitter and facebook to voice your displeasure. Just sayin...

Journeyman

Seriously there is not 1 4G tower in the entire state of Oklahoma and you have no plans in the next 20 months to put one in.  Wow glad my contract ends in December of this year because you are losing my $130.00/month that I am paying to 2 Cell Phones (one of which isnt even a "SmartPhone").... you have lied for years about putting 4G in Oklahoma and I really doubt you have any plans to do it in the next 5 yrs and by then 4G will be 3 yrs obsolete and you will go back to the top of "your list" and start upgrading all those old 4G towers with the newest technology and we still will be using 3G.

There are 2 competitors that offer 4G in the Tulsa, OK area and both would cost me about 15/mnth more and guess what.... when I upgrade both my old SmartPhone (that is grandfathered into the no "SmartPhone Tax") and my wife's non-Smartphone you will be charging me $20.00/month more for the same 3G service because of the "SmartPhone Tax"....

Hmmmm..... $15 to a competitor with 4G support or $20 to you for 2 more years of "4G promises".... wonder which I will choose

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seriously i have had Sprint for a very long time and im about ready to look into another service. There turning into shit.. Signal and data speeds are a joke In utah. I used to have 4G WiCrap at my house now nothing im lucky to see it anywhere now. But yet have to pay the premium for it i pay over 200$ a month for what? Jack shit i have called customer service and its going back to the old days of bad service. WHy did they waste there time and money with this Fake 4g? so what they can say we were the first 4G well Sprint look at your customers and what they are saying do you guys even care? When we pay for something we exspect to get it I promise if this shit is not fixed when my contract is over i will find a better Provider.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.