cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint LTE launched today... so what?!?

Wizard

Re: Sprint LTE launched today... so what?!?

You asked 5 questions, to which I answered 4. I gave you a small synopsis of how and why Sprint ended up with wimax thus leading to explain why so many at Sprint stores saying what they said about 4G availablilty. its important to understand the past so that one can understand what lies ahead or in the future. as for the other part of your first statement, I did not respond because its useless. Folks like yourself that feel Sprint is already comitting fraud by allowing salesperson to say what you pecieve as lies will not be convinved othewise, no matter what anyone says, be it a Sprint spokesperson, an Advocate of Sprint or a fellow community member.

Regardless of my title, folks that know me, know very well, that I will speak for and against any carrier, manufacturer, outfit etc, I wasn't defending Sprint outright, but rather giving the reasons why some may have said about 4G availablility as well as answering your questions. Thus I believe my post was not pointless. Except for question # 3, I beleive I answered your questions.

TS

Journeyman

You just demonstrated that he doesn't know what he is talking about. The statement about 800 mHz LTE being my prime example.

Journeyman

No 4G tax? Yes, I know that's not what Sprint calls it, but that's certainly what it pays for. I will believe there is no 4G tax when Sprint releases a 4G dumbphone.

Journeyman

Well, I like answers to be informative, not uninformed and slightly opinionated. So no, those aren't really useful answers, I'm sorry.

Wizard

Mostly if not all answers are slighted opinionated. Even the ones from the carriers. case in point, Carrier A can say they have the best LTE network, tests will say otherwise. Carrier B will say they have 4G, and so on and so on. You are here on an online discussion forum, seeking answers to questions. As members, postings will be made as best as possible to answer them. Some don't have answers as plain as a yes or no. I've answered to the best of my ability knowing what I know. If its not good enough, that is okay. I am sure others will chime in either to agree or disagree.

TS

Journeyman

Well this is more of a support forum than a forum about a TV show. I get that you really like talking about cellphone service or something, but I didn't come here just to talk. For example, I asked whether current LTE phones would get LTE-A speed on the LTE-A network, and you said people should just buy a new phone. That doesn't even begin to answer the question. How would one even know they would need a new phone unless Sprint gave them this important information? I know that is a problem for next year, but Sprint announced their plans a long time ago, and they need to start giving this information out as early as possible to avoid confusing people. If I bought an LTE phone right now, and LTE-Advanced came out next year and required new phones to use LTE-A speeds, I would feel duped.

Journeyman

You my friend are a little bent out of shape.  Yes you are upset about not have wimax or lte.  However, if sprint is not fulling your needs, start shopping.  share your data with your family with verizon.

Also, there are phones that have the $10 "tax" applied that are not "4G" capable (i.e., iPhone, Blackberry and several Andriod phones.).

Finally, current 4G LTE phones will not be compatable with Clear's TD-LTE because they are implementing it off of 1900 Mhz and 800 Mhz.

Journeyman

I was all over Atlanta on the 16th with my EVO 4g LTE. No 4G LTE anywhere. Amongst the places with no 4G coverage included the area around the Richard Russell Federal Building downtown, the area near Turner Field, the area near the Fulton County Courthouse and Underground Atlanta, East Point, Morrow and Jonesboro (and all points in between). WHERE is this mythical 4G?

And yes, to be safe, I rebooted the phone.

Why did you advertise the rollout and then cancel it with no word to subscribers?

Journeyman

Somewhere SPRINT is not being truthful.  The map shows 4g LTE is available in Houston.  They claim it is rolled out. Does anyone actually have 4g.  I surely do not!

Journeyman

Except for the fact that you didnt roll out LTE in any of those markets.  On here and on sprintusers its full of people who have yet to find a connection in any of those markets and the sprint stores here in Atlanta cant either.  Sprint just turned on a few towers and then announced entire markets "live."

Journeyman

They are most definitely lying about their LTE coverage.  In Athens, GA there is one usable LTE tower in the entire town, yet the coverage maps show the entire city as blanketed by LTE.  They are being flat out deceitful in the coverage maps.  This wouldn't bother me so much, except that Sprint's new line is supposedly to Underpromise and Overdeliver...well that's the complete opposite of what is going on here.

Journeyman

I live in Dallas and am clearly covered on the 4G LTE coverage map, but the only time I have had 4G service is when I called and talked to a customer service rep.  4G magically showed up in the middle of the conversation and then it disappeared within the hour....has not shown back up.  Seems a little coincidental if you ask me.  Another strange occurrence, I dialed *2 on my cell this morning to call customer service this morning and it went to a Verizon recording.  Sprint WTF?!?!?!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.