cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint LTE launched today... so what?!?

Sprint Employee

Re: Sprint LTE launched today... so what?!?

From what I’ve read TD-LTE is being deployed most widely in China, and it may not be compatible with LTE. I mentioned worldwide adoption rates of LTE because this would open the possibilities of LTE roaming while abroad, I am checking for more detail regarding future developments. I did want to mention that although I did not find a quotable source it seems that LTE phones will be capable of LTE speeds at the most, and are not “forward compatible” with LTE-Advanced. They will function on an LTE-Advanced network, they will not see an increase in speed because of the change in network type.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

China uses wcmda, So when ur in china you would need a world phone from sprint using the gsm side of said phone

Sprint Employee

We were discussing TD-LTE (LTE-TDD) and 4g LTE data in general. Currently Chinese operators use, and have deployed more TD-LTE than other mobile operators from what I've read. 

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

That's cool, but what about the reguar LTE roming? What network(s) will we be able to roam on?

Journeyman

In Dallas, I drove from Frisco, down the tollway to 635, then West to I20.  All this area shows to be under 4g LTE coverage.  I never saw 4G.  The only place I have seen 4g was in the colony on 121.

Journeyman

I just don't understand why you would sell something that people would "maybe" have service for..  They were claiming 4g was rolling out in houston for years but the coverage of that is spotty at best... Like I have to be on top of a building to get it.. Then you have to pay an extra fee for something that you didn't even get to use..

Master

Information regarding Network Vision is located in a single post here for ease.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/106007

Unlike Clearwire's WiMax deployment (Sprint did not deploy our old 4G network, Sprint just resold service on Clearwire's network as Sprint 4G, Sprint did not oversee deployment of that network, or the subsequent halt of deployment by Clearwire.

The Network Vision deployment is entirely different and cannot be directly related. It is like trying to compare onions to grapefruit, they are both round (aka both 4G), otherwise they are entirely different.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.