cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Service and dropped calls.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Service and dropped calls.

I am having problems with all 4 of my sprint phones with dropping calls, no service signal, an triangle almost always sittign above my bars, the phone not ringing even though i am getting call and text messages and voice mails coming in hours later. We have called sprint several times and the have had us do some things to the phones but the problem isn't fixed.  I don't think the problem is the phones.  Is anyone else having these problems and what did you do to solve them?  My son called the Better Business Bureau to see if there were any complaints lodged with them.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Wizard

Hi JudyKay77 -

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing.  Can you please answer some of the following questions so I can better assist you?

When did you start to have these problems?  Did you just recently move?  Do you have an address to a business near-by so I can take a look at the network out in your area?  I'd like to look into this for you, and with this information I'll be able to get a better idea of what we need to do to resolve this for you.

Thanks,

David

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also have the same problem. I live in the middle of a metro area, and my phone is currently in roaming (with the triangle). I have a Galaxy S2. Still looking for help or a way out of my current contract.

Highlighted
Wizard

CEJohnson601,

I could look into this for you as well, but would need the same information from you that I requested from JusyKay77 so we can take a look at things.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I started having these problems 10-14 days ago. No, I have not recently moved. I'm on the University of Missouri-Kansas City campus. Thanks.

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for the information.  There is currently 1 open network event ticket for the campus area that is affecting data services (high block rates) since 5/31.  The most up-to-date estimated repair time is scheduled for tonight around midnight.  Also, there appears to be a significant capacity issue affecting all services - but they are aware of this issue and are working at bringing in additional capacity with the first segment slated to complete next month and several more in the upcoming months.  I would highly suggest updating the data profile and the PRL on your phone every so often.  If you're not sure how to do this, post your phone model and I will let you know.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've updated the PRL a couple times and updated the profile with the help of Sprint tech support. Neither has helped.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Same here. In West Tennessee. I can no longer connect to ANYTHING. Voice, data, and even WiFi. I happened gradually over a period of an hour or so before my phone just refused to act like a phone. Back of the phone is hot even with nothing running. Think I might need ordinance disposal over here shortly.

Journeyman

I am in De Leon Springs, Florida.   The closest large business would be the Walmart in DeLand about 6 miles away.  The zipcode is 32724.  I have never really had a problem with Sprint in all the years that I have had them but this is bad can't even make a call that doesn't drop 6 or 7 times.   Try ordering a pizza.

These problems started in the last couple of weeks with a cal drop now and then - a text message that wouldn't go through - and has steadily worsened until the phones are almost unuseable.  We have 3 evos on the plan and an i phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im moving to De Land next week. Not very excited to hear your having problems. I am having problem here at my home now before I move. So I guess sprint as a whole is dropping the ball.

Highlighted
Journeyman

A week later and still can't make a voice call. Data works okay now, but all my calls drop.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.