ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Throttles my data service everyday

Journeyman

Sprint Throttles my data service everyday

I use to get decent data service during the day from my Sprint service. 

Unfortunately, within the past 4 months my service has been restricticted during the afternoons between 3 and 7pm. I’m in Charlotte NC and have experienced extreme restriction in my service during this time in the Charlotte area. As well, I get virtually no service in the border areas of SC that cover South of Charlotte. This has been happening within the past 6 months. Sprint service isn’t getting better like I’ve been promised for the past 8 years, it’s getting WORSE!

8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Re: Sprint Throttles my data service everyday

I know how important it is to be able to use your phone. Lets check on the coverage within your area, what's your zip code?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I’m in 28277, 28173, 28110, 28104, 28105, 28269, 28273, 29707, 29710, 29720. 

My work takes me all over the Charlotte area every day. It’s a service problem, period. My associates have Verizon and their service is always better hands down. 

GrandMaster

any other Sprint phones around you that are seeing the same thing?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

I have checked the coverage in that area and it's showing that you have great coverage. What we can do is do some troubleshooting steps to try and fix this issue.

Please answer the following questions:

-Are there any other Sprint phones experiencing this issue?

-What type of phone do you have?

-What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

All of my phones, especially mine. It is a iPhone 7plus. Turn phone on and off all the time, call sprint update number all the time. I’ve been in zip code 29720 and when calling sprint update I receive a FAILED response. That is a clear indication that service is NOT great in those zip codes. You are not being truthful. It’s sprint service that is the problem. I will continue posting on many forums about this until the problem is corrected or my contract term is up for renewal and then will go to Verizon. 

Wizard

I promise I'm trying to help you, I just need to understand what's going on. Have you tried to perform the update while attached to Wi-Fi? When that update is finished, it should help with the reception of the phone. I would like to do some additional troubleshooting once it's done.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Journeyman

I have updated with WiFi many times. Same non-results. It’s the service. 

Wizard

Ok what I would like to do next is get some additional info so I can refresh all the elements of the phone to see if that would help. I'm going to private message you.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.