cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Tower Outage/weak signal 33330

Journeyman

Sprint Tower Outage/weak signal 33330

Major issure with no voice or data for over a week now. We had a bad storm here a few weeks ago and since then I have no voice or data in my building at work. Same goes for every one of my colleagues on Sprint.  Can someone please give me the status of the tower(s) in this area, are they being worked on?  I used to have good signal prior to the storm, now I am constantly roaming.

I am located 1/2 mile south of Griffin Rd on Flamingo Rd.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Tower Outage/weak signal 33330

A week later and I am still roaming when in the building at work?  Anyone from sprint I would greatly appreciate a response as to why I lost signal strength and now I am constantly roaming.

thanks

Wizard

Because it's occurring inside the building at work only and it's impacting all of your coworkers it does sound like it's a possible network issue. I pulled up the exact address of Archbishop McCarthy High School that's south of Griffin on Flamingo and I found a tower that is out currently and may be putting extra load on the surrounding towers that could explain a reduction in your normal coverage radius. However you stated this has been on-going for the past couple of weeks now so I would like to get some additional information. What type of phone do you have? (I know we have been retuning some of our Nextel towers in that area in preparation for Network Vision so that will also cause a reduction of in-building coverage if you're on Nextel) Do you know if your place of business had a repeater or in-building signal extending device?

Journeyman

I have an EVO 4G....as do both of my coworkers. Archbishop highschool is directly across the street on Flamingo Rd from where I am located. 

My place of business does have repeaters but the company uses t-mobile so I do not think it would have an affect as t-mobile is on a GSM network.

Just so you know I am still roaming in the building as of 7/18/12. If I switch my mobil network roaming settings to sprint only I get an X where my signal indicator is and obviously no data.  I used to get at least 1 to 3 bars prior to this and I always used to have my phone roaming settings to sprint only. 

Highlighted
Wizard

Ok we probably need to have a network trouble ticket created so we can investigate why you had a sudden change of coverage, if you have not already called in to technical support, I can send you a private message so I can gather some personal information to access the account and begin creating a network ticket for you.

Journeyman

ok, please do so.

Thanks

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.