cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint, can you put something up to tell when an area will get 4G?

Patron

I really want to get on the 4g awesomness but Sadl I don' have it in my city. It would really be nice if you guys could put this information up smewhere.

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Hi,

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. The only way to currently tell when and if 4G will be available in your market is www.sprint.com/4G?ECID=SM:BW:20110817:4G. There you can sign up to be notified when and if 4G will be available in your market. I hope this helps.

----George

Master

Darrtel, If you do not have 4G in your area now you never will, Clear stated they are not adding any new markets to Wimax 4G and are switching to LTE.

GEORGE, Sprint removed the "SIGN UP TO BE NOTIFIED" from the 4G page the day after Clear announced that they were not adding any new 4G markets. WHY do you keep pointing customers to that useless site? It's very misleading for you employees to continually state that 4G could still be a possibility in any area.

Wizard

Hi,

Levi4u is correct the "SIGN UP TO BE NOTIFIED" option was removed from the page.

----George

Journeyman

Levi4u wrote:

Darrtel, If you do not have 4G in your area now you never will, Clear stated they are not adding any new markets to Wimax 4G and are switching to LTE.

I think you mean if you do not have WiMax in your area now, then you never will.  LTE will probably be rolled out nationwide at some point (even if it is years away).  Also, there are more 4G WiMax Protection Sites coming before November 1st.  About two or three dozen more.  But I would be skeptical if there is more WiMax deployed than that.  So I agree with the spirit of your post.

Master

Point is Sprint has been promising wimax 4G for a long time, There have been no new announcements by Sprint of any new cities since December of last year, Now with both Sprint and Clear are switching to LTE none of the current 4G phones will work on LTE. So unless your area has WiMax 4G now chances are it never will.

There are no plans to continue expanding its current WiMax network, as the company is shifting its priorities to the LTE build out.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-20087725-266/clearwire-announces-lte-shift-as-losses-mount/#ixzz1V...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint, can you put something up to tell when an area will get 4G?

Thanks Levi4u for the info, [...]..

So glad I got talked into a 4G phone that has no 4G network to support, thanks Sprint!

Welcome to Sprint where we offer Unlimited Data, it only costs you $69.99/mo and complete access to your personal info, emails, texts, phone calls, GPS, and anything else we can supply CarrierIQ with to sell to very interested 3rd parties.  Welcome to Sprint where we sell 4G phones but only have 3G networks!  Welcome to Sprint where we treat customers like crap after we lock them in with a 2 year contract. 

Message was edited by: mapesy

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.