Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint coverage is unreliable in 80907

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint coverage is unreliable in 80907

Is anyone else having this problem?

When we got our Sprint service in Oct 2011 it was fine, 4-5 bars in the house at all times. Then in February 2012 things changed radically. We started dropping calls routinely (6-8 per day) and at times we would have No Service on half to one bar of signal. We could drive a couple of miles away and everything was fine. But back at the house in 80907 it was terrible. What's worse is that I can see all four carriers cell towers from my front porch, they are all less than 500 yards away just behind UCCS. I have to use a Verizon pre-paid phone to have a reliable telephone now (Verizon, just like AT&T and T-mobile have 5 bars of signal in my house, even in my basement).

I called Sprint and went through hours of annoying service updating on my phone and resetting everything on my iPhone and even had my iPhone 4S swapped for a new one. I finally convinced the techs that since between me, my wife, and two daughters we had four iPhones all on Sprint and all doing the same thing, that it wasn't our phones. They escalated me to an engineer who said that they were servicing the cell in our neighborhood and that it should be back to normal within 36 hours.

That was five weeks ago and nothing has changed throughout the day coverage will be either 4-5 bars or nothing, there is no telling which at any given time. I've been calling/emailing Sprint tech support routinely to complain every few days and have become quite adept at getting them to admit it is their fault each time telling me that they show that the cell in our neighborhood is showing a problem or being serviced. I have asked to be credited but tech support says they aren't allowed to issue credit and that only the billing department can do that. The billing department says they are "investigating" whether they can offer us credit for not providing us any service. I continue to shake my head.

We had been with T-Mobile for over ten years and had wonderful cell service and wonderful customer service. If we ever had even the slightest outage that we didn't even complain about, T-Mobile would proactively issue a bill credit for the outage. If they had the iPhone I would still be with them.

Please fix the problem and have some integrity to give some credit to those of us who would like to be loyal Sprint customers.

Jeff Bone

Colorado Springs, CO 80907

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Journeyman

Re: Sprint coverage is unreliable in 80907

UPDATE:

• Amazingly, when I started posting this on FB, G+ and Twitter, I got a response from Sprint tech support that they noted a problem with the tower, had opened a trouble ticket on the cell and expected a resolution within the next 36 hours. We'll see. But you might want try a social media flood whenever you get no where with days worth of tech support problems. I suspect major companies are investing in having tech's watch for this type of negative response that can so easily spiral if they are not careful... afterall, the web loves a good opportunity to complain about something.

UPDATE #2:

• No joy with the cell tower repair, apparently it has something to do with Sprint's upgrading to LTE around the country.

UPDATE #3:

• I decided to press the issue with Sprint yesterday and called their Cancelation Dept. wanting to see what it would cost me to bail out of Sprint and move to Verizon or AT&T. All of a sudden, Sprint became very responsive.
  • They issued $100 in bill credits and
  • Overnighted me a device called an Airave - http://www.sprintenterprise.com/airave/tellMeMore.html to install in our home. It basically gives us our own cell tower in our home. What's more they are giving it to me free of charge with no monthly fees.
  • We'll see how it works. But I have to say that Sprint has definitely "stepped up" in this situation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

I do not know what is going on with Sprint lately...I too have had the exact same issues.  I have had Sprint for several years and have always had decent service where I live.  I bought my smartphone on Feb 10, and have had nothing but problems since.  I dread even having to answer the phone because either the caller cannot hear me or the call will completely drop.  I too have complained so much that the finally sent me an AIRAVE which connects to my computers modem and is supposed to provide a boost in the cell tower strength.  I have installed it and still I do not see much improvement.  I usually get only 1 bar when making a call.  I haven't had as many dropped calls but, that could just be by coincidence.  I seem to have full bars sometimes, but as soon as I hit the green button to dial, or the answer button, my bars instantly drop to only 1 or none.  I have been working with a sprint tech on the phone and they were to call me back after  the equipment was installed to see if my service had improved...and of course, I have not heard back from her.  She did say she would credit my account for the amount of time that I had bad service so, I better hear back from them or believe me they will hear from me.  My husband also had trouble with calls on his regular simple phone, as well as my neighbors (also sprint customers).  Those issues sem to have improved as they tell us the tower they have been servicing is now fixed.  But, I am disgusted with what is happening to me...I buy an expensive phone and hate to even try to use it!!              Kelli Adams, Grants Pass, OR

Highlighted
Master

Sorry for the inconvenience.  I checked your coverage info and currently there is a reported Cell Site outage, engineers have been notified and are working to restore the service. NEB Ticket 8816467 and ETR IS 04/02/2012 11:49:19 CST. Your update request has been submitted.

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

my wife and I have EVO 4G's in 80602 zip code.  Service and data has been horrible since the first of the year.  First time I called Sprint I was at work (zip 80225) and they said a tower was out/being updated and that it would be complete within 48 hours and service and data improve.  3 months later and no change.  Second time I called was at the end of February regarding service at my home (zip 80602) and got the same excuse "tower was out/being updated and would be online within 48 hrs and should see improvement in service".  Well still no change.  The pattern I see is the blanket excuse Sprint is giving its customers of "Towers are out or temporarily down" is just that, an EXCUSE!!!

My EVO zipped right along untile around the first of the year, looks to me that Sprint cannot handle the traffic on their network anymore.  Worse yet it seems that they have missled everyone on the Unlimited Plans promotions, what good is the unlimited plan when you can't get data to work functionally?

Journeyman

UPDATE:

• Amazingly, when I started posting this on FB, G+ and Twitter, I got a response from Sprint tech support that they noted a problem with the tower, had opened a trouble ticket on the cell and expected a resolution within the next 36 hours. We'll see. But you might want try a social media flood whenever you get no where with days worth of tech support problems. I suspect major companies are investing in having tech's watch for this type of negative response that can so easily spiral if they are not careful... afterall, the web loves a good opportunity to complain about something.

UPDATE #2:

• No joy with the cell tower repair, apparently it has something to do with Sprint's upgrading to LTE around the country.

UPDATE #3:

• I decided to press the issue with Sprint yesterday and called their Cancelation Dept. wanting to see what it would cost me to bail out of Sprint and move to Verizon or AT&T. All of a sudden, Sprint became very responsive.
  • They issued $100 in bill credits and
  • Overnighted me a device called an Airave - http://www.sprintenterprise.com/airave/tellMeMore.html to install in our home. It basically gives us our own cell tower in our home. What's more they are giving it to me free of charge with no monthly fees.
  • We'll see how it works. But I have to say that Sprint has definitely "stepped up" in this situation.

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.