cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no service in Indian Rocks Beach, FL (33785)

Patron

Still no service in Indian Rocks Beach, FL (33785)

We have been without service in Indian Rocks Beach for almost two weeks. We get no phone calls, we cannot make calls and there is not data connection, even when the phone(s) show a signal.  My phones (we have several) are constantly reminding us that they are roaming.  I know it's not an isolated situation, having spoken to many other Sprint customers in this area. In fact, when I drive to work and get a few miles away from 33785, my phone suddenly comes alive and bombards me with all of my missed calls and text messages.  very frustrating!

I've called twice now and spoken to nice CS reps who have assured me that they were opening up a "ticket" to resolve the problem (or at the very least investigate it), and they've done nothing!  The second CS rep couldn't find any trace of the ticket which the first rep allegedly created.  Then, the second rep promised to call AND email me when his ticket was created, and assured me that I would be getting a call from the "engineers" once the problem was resolved.  Guess what?  No calls, and no emails.

Well, we're going on two weeks now, I've called every 72 hours, and now I'm at my wits end.  What else is a customer supposed to do?!?  I already have an air rave at my office because of the shoddy service there, so do I really need one for home now two?  If that's the case, perhaps Sprint shouldn't be offering service in this market if they can't deliver over an entire county?

So, now the question becomes, what do all of us Sprint customers in Pinellas County Florida do?  Should we have to pay a ETF (early termination fee) if Sprint isn't living up to their end of the contract, which is to provide reliable service?  I think not.  And how awesome is it that this happened during the holidays?!?

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: Still no service in Indian Rocks Beach, FL (33785)

I just called and they have moved the completion date back to Christmas Day. They sent me an Airave to get me through, but after 3 hours of troubleshooting with a CS, it isn't compatible with my Brighthouse Modem.

Patron

Perfect, so no service for another weekend.  I'm going to call again myself, because this is unacceptable.  I have an Airave at my office because we get no signal there (off Ulmerton) and I have 7 people on Sprint.  I refuse to get another one for my house, because the minute I travel down the street, I have no signal.  I can't go anywhere in IRB and use my cell phone.

I'm sure there's another carrier that can meet our needs everywhere we go, without roaming.

Patron

I called again (third time) and the CS rep told me that a ticket had finally been created and that the completion date is indeed 12/15.  The ticket# is 9827225, and they will be calling me back on 12/26 to confirm that the issue has been resolved.  Apparently this is effecting Indian Rocks Beach, Indian Shores, Bellair, Bellair Bluffs, Harbor Bluffs and Largo...WOW!

Did you ever get the Airave to work with Brighthouse?  I was thinking about taking the one from my office home, but as a fellow Brighthouse subscriber, I don't want to do that if it's not going to work.

Journeyman

Yes I finally did. Apparently it is not compatible with my Brighthouse Ubee cable modem. They have had issues with it before. They had me hook it up behind the router instead and it worked fine. Had a great CS rep - Richard who worked with me and followed up until we finally solved it. Works great in the house, but won't work if we go to dinner in town tonight!

Patron

Merry Christmas!  I was hoping for a Christmas miracle, but behold, still no service!  Maybe we'll have it by the end of the day...

Journeyman

17 days and counting....

Journeyman

Just called and the date has been pushed to the 27th. No Christmas miracle today,

Patron

I think we've all been more than understanding about this situation.  I don't care if they're going to reimburse us, I need cellular service I can actually use at my home, office, or anywhere I go.  I don't know what happened, but Sprint has really dropped the ball here.  They can keep tossing out completion dates for the repairs, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to believe that they are actually doing anything.  Let's see if I get the callback from customer service tomorrow that they promised me.

Journeyman

I have been calling since Dec 15 and keep getting updated completion dates just as everyone else has. Obviously if they call back we will not know unless we are away from IRB at the time Sprint calls. If they do not leave a voicemail, you will never know as the phone does not show missed calls. I am getting text messages but Sprint has never sent a reply text. This service is by far the worst I have ever heard about and all of us ought to get a month credit

Journeyman

I have been calling since Dec 15 and keep getting updated completion dates just as everyone else has. Obviously if they call back we will not know unless we are away from IRB at the time Sprint calls. If they do not leave a voicemail, you will never know as the phone does not show missed calls. I am getting text messages but Sprint has never sent a reply text. This service is by far the worst I have ever heard about and all of us ought to get a month credit

Journeyman

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.