cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no service in Indian Rocks Beach, FL (33785)

Master

Re: Still no service in Indian Rocks Beach, FL (33785)

The current ETR for this outage is the 27th Dec.

Journeyman

Utility companies can restore service quicker than this after a major hurricane, did Sprint not pay their tower rental bill????

Journeyman

Utility companies can restore service quicker than this after a major hurricane, did Sprint not pay their tower rental bill????

Journeyman

Journeyman

So here it is December 27th - still no service. I guess I am done. It has been three weeks of ZERO service. It isn't intermittant, it is non existing. Even the Airave they gave me is intermittent. What really makes me angry is if they let me out of my contract, I will still be spending $500 on new phones just to have what I have now. Two of our phones are brand new Sansung S3s.

Patron

Well, it's the end of the day, and still no service.  I have placed my fourth call to Sprint, spoke with another nice CS rep, and currently I'm on hold to speak with his supervisor about how we can resolve this situation.  I have been on hold now for over 20 minutes waiting...I'm pretty sure this is how they discourage you...they just wear you down.

Patron

Sprint disconnected me while I was waiting for a "supervisor".  I called for a 5th time, told my story AGAIN and was transferred to account services to discuss the early termination fees in a situation like this.  While being very nice, the account services rep was NOT able to wave the early termination fees because (wait for it) my phones still showed a 96% success rate for calls!  I told him that yes, the phones work awesome when I'm not within 4 miles of my home, and the reason he didn't see the dropped calls was because the phone wasn't connecting to the network!  At home the success rate is 0%! He did admit that there were a LOT of complaints from this area, but that the tower was supposed to go back online today...at some point.  He also told me that it could take up to 72 hours for the tower to be back up to full power after being repaired...riiigghhhttt.  SO, where did we wind up? Well, they are giving me a credit for two months and sending me a free AirRave for my trouble...which doesn't solve the issue once I leave my home.  While I would DEARLY LOVE to leave Sprint, I'm not ready to part with the $800 in early termination fees...this week.  Basically, I'm a prisoner until I''m ready to pay the ransom to leave.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.