Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden coverage problems

Journeyman

Sudden coverage problems

Phone: Galaxy S2

Zip Code: 60060

Call quality in my area has been aweful lately, not just for me but for other Sprint customers in my area with different phones.  I cannot even last an entire call without the person fading out or my phone beeping, signaling a dropped call.  It's definitely a problem with Sprint's coverage.  This has not been a problem until recently and it's really embarrasing that I cannot even use my cell phone near or at home anymore, especially when I always brag to my friends how good Sprint and even Android is (not that the problem is with android).

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Sudden coverage problems

dinelli5, I apologize for the issues you are having. I have looked into your issue and found that some of the towers in the area are currently down and being worked on. For more information regarding network upgrades in your area go to https://network.sprint.com/. At this time I show the estimated time of repair to be 6/27/12.

Journeyman

We have the same issues here in MA and NH, I am noticing a degraded signal as well constant dropped calls.  This has been an ongoing problem for at least the last year!  We live in 01462, not a strong area but it has no so bad I can't call from in my house, nor yard, I have to walk down the street.  I have noticed the same issues were I used to have great signal are now just gone....  I have been loyal to Sprint for a long time with several phones but this is now testing my patience. 

Journeyman

I'd also like to comment on recent coverage issues.

In MA (Zip 01760), the service has been terrible lately. I will get 1 or 0 bars on Sprint, or many times, switch to "Extended" coverage with no 3G.

For comparison, I am ususally at 4 or 5 bars on Sprint with 3G.

These issues occured around May 23rd to may 29th. It recently started occuring again on June 30/July 1st.

Journeyman

I agree service has dropped out around here and is very inconsistent

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem in 30252 as well.  The worst part about it is I had some important phone calls that kept getting dropped. Sprint was good for a while but now I'm regretting dropping my landline.  Good thing my contract is coming up soon.  I have some feeling the rollout of LTE is causing this.  Good way to get people to upgrade but I'm no sucker.

Edit: I deactivated the sprint integration with Google voice. Calls seem better now.  Guess I was wrong about the conspiracy but I still like Sprint's excuse to everything "we are working on towers in your area."  Great troubleshooting there Sprint.

Journeyman

MIKERotch wrote:

I'm having the same problem in 30252 as well.  The worst part about it is I had some important phone calls that kept getting dropped. Sprint was good for a while but now I'm regretting dropping my landline.  Good thing my contract is coming up soon.  I have some feeling the rollout of LTE is causing this.  Good way to get people to upgrade but I'm no sucker.

Yes, obviously that's what Sprint is doing, it makes perfect sense. It's really a great idea step 1. make service horrible, step 2. ????, step 3. profit?. Sorry Jesse Ventura I'm afraid it doesn't work that way, but you should be happy to know that 5 towers in your city are scheduled for upgrades this month. Better service is coming and you don't need a new phone to use it. They're upgrading 3G and Voice services along with LTE.

Journeyman

I am having the same issues with my services also, dropped call delayed txts most cases getting txts over 24hours later. Signal strength while in my house is 0-1 bar or is constantly searching for a network. I had this problem a few months ago, it stopped and now its back and even worse than the last time. I live in Grand Rapids, MI 49504 is there anything happening here to the towers? I want to add another line but that will not happen period if this is the service i will be dealing with.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You are also experincing network upgrades ...

That is what is going on ..

Your service will resume, with higher quality in a couple days ... or weeks... but usually 3-5 days.

Journeyman

Thats what i was thinking also. Thank you for your input.

Journeyman

https://network.sprint.com/search/49504/

Tha link is directly in your area.

Journeyman

Thats funny. They must not be upgrading the network my wife's nexus S is running on then. But she still has another year before her contract expires with sprint. Must just be the Evo 4G network they are working on.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.