cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell us the truth, Sprint. What is going on with your network. Nationwide, there seems to be issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tell us the truth, Sprint. What is going on with your network. Nationwide, there seems to be issues.

I, too, am unable to get 3G or 4G network connections. I live in Illinois. Can someone from Sprint, please tell us, the paying customer, what is going on? Misleading answers from the in store customer service representative are helping me to decide whether I wish to continue my service with you.

Why should I pay for services that I am not receiving? As it stands now, I can only receive text messages unless I connect to a WiFi.

I have a Samsung Epic.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not a Sprint employee, but I'll offer you up some information.  If you're in the greater Chicago area, the NV upgrade project is well under way.  The upgrades are causing some issues with handoffs between towers.  Now, your post mentions you're not able to get 3G or 4G connections.  How do you know this is the case?  is there no 3G indicator by the signal bars? 

You might be experiencing data slowness, while still being connected to 3G.  There are some issues with data speeds to do increased data usage.  Sprint has two things going.  First, you can go to

https://network.sprint.com

and see if your area is scheduled for any data upgrades.  These are temporary fixes to help with data bottlenecks.  Second, Sprint is also working on the Network Vision (NV) upgrade project which will provide major capacity upgrades, including an LTE deployment.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in los angeles, california and I have been with no service on and off since yesterday morning. It is so frustrating. My phone home screen literally says NO SERVICE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's whats going on with our Newtwork.

They signed the contract with Apple and got way more new users than they anticipated.  With everyone including their grandmother is using a smartphone, the network is really being stretched thin.  They do not have the infrastructure to handle the data being used on their network.  There is no win win, sprint has unlimited data but service sucks, other carriers have great service but will kill you with data charges.  Here are my speedtest results I did 5 minutes ago in the heart of Atlanta 545kpbs download and 36kbps upload.  This is laughable, I can't test 4g because I have no 4g signal, go figure.  Also, we are the only carrier in the world who doesnt have the new Ice Cream Sandwich software update for the Epic Touch 4G.  I really mean across seas and in the US we are the only ones who don't have it.  This just further confirms that whatever Sprint is focused on, it certainly is not providing quality, relaible, and up to date service for their customers.  I am jumping ship ASAP, may even suck up my $650 in ETFs.  When I call into Sprint about delays in text messages, dropped calls etc they just confirm that I have 98% signal in my area, blah blah blah, reset your phone, take out the battery, master reset, wait did we just delete all your phone data....blah blah blah(yeah right) dismissing the real issues me and thousands others are having.  Sprint, you have fell to a new LOW!!!!

You can always wait for the network to improve.  But we know what waiting gets us on Sprint (you hear me GS2 users.....cough......ICS...cough...cough)

P.S. I changed my phones name to "4G Network Disconnected"

Highlighted
Journeyman

545 Kbps - Ha! My "3G" download speeds are running between 120 - 300 Kbps in Chicago.

I have been a sprint customer for over 15 years, but will not sit around waiting for reliable service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is in the process of disconnecting the iDEN network for Nextel from their towers and will be losing a good amount of customers in the upcoming months which will tighten up the cash flow for upgrades to their 4G network. Sprint did not invest in their networks for years and now they canot sustain both. While Nextel is thriving outside of the US with 4G phones, Sprint killed it in the US. Brace for more poor service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Nextel fanboy, go spew your garbage talk on some iden lovers site.  Let's state the facts:

1.  Sprint is thinning out Nextel towers because the capacity isn't needed.  By doing this, they are freeing up spectrum for 1xrtt on the 800 spectrum ( and next year LTE) which will make the voice network better (and later data).  Eventually, the whole network will be shutdown, but that is most likely at least a year out.

2.  "Tighten up cashflow".  Sprint has secured the financial means to deploy the network vision project, not just "building their 4G network". 

3.  "Sprint did not invest in their network for years"  for a couple of reasons.  When they bought Nextel ( or merged, whatever), the Nextel network was in such poor shape that Sprint had to spend millions just get it in decent order.  The second reason is because of the Wimax deployment which didn't go as planned, however they are now moving on in the correct direction with their own LTE.

4.  "Brace for more poor service"  obviously you're a Nextel homer, so yes, your service will get worse and eventually be turned off.  For everyone on the Sprint network, service will be getting better as the network vision project rolls out.

5.  For the record, if you move to a cmda phone and Sprint direct connect, you will have triple the coverage over the old iden network.  International roaming might be lacking, but going forward, the new technology on cdma will be better and have better coverage.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.