cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible 3G Data Speeds

Journeyman

Terrible 3G Data Speeds

I am disgusted with sprints 3G service. I have an iphone 4s and I do not get anywhere near what they are advertising as the speeds I am supposed to be getting on their 3g network. I was told I should be getting between .8mbs-1.2mbs down. I have not once gotten anything higher than .02mbs. The mobile internet is compeltely useless. Siri does not work at all and they shouldnt even have the 4S on their service because it doesnt work. I have called numerous times and have been told every time that they are fixing it. This is so unacceptable. We pay $253 every months for 3 lines of service and its complete crap. First they told me I will see a difference by june. Here it is almost july and nothing has changed. I really hope this gets better because its really sad that they offer unlimited data when you cant even use it. I get frustrated every single day with the internet on my iphone. I pay for mobile internet, I dont call anyone and I dont really even text that much. All I wanna do is use my mobile internet and I cannot. This has to be fixed or sprint is not going to have anymore customers. Someone please do something about this. I would really appreciate if someone from sprint can explain to me why I have not once gotten the advertised data speeds.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Terrible 3G Data Speeds

That must be very frustrating! .02 Mbps is too slow for even the most moderate use. I would like to look into your situation. Please respond to the private message I'm sending you.

-Donnie

Journeyman

What the? I posted a similar thread complaining of my own poor 3G speeds yesterday with no response, but this one gets a response from a Sprint Tech after only 7 minutes?!? Thanks, Sprint.

Wizard

Sorry about the trouble! Due to high call volume in technical support yesterday, we were not able to monitor the forums sufficiently. I would be happy to look into your problem. Please respond to the private message I sent you.

-Donnie

Journeyman

I also have seen speeds like the original poster ever since switching to the iPhone 4S 2 months ago. I used to have an EVO 4G, which was probably hiding the slow 3G speeds due to WIMAX working well. I'm now wishing that I never recommitted for 2 more years, and should have switched to Verizon or AT&T, who have much better speeds.

No wonder Sprint had to advertise "unlimited data"....it's not like anyone can use it anyways.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.