cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Coverage in the last month

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've seen a dramatic decrease in coverage in the south/east Dayton area in the last month or so.  While coverage was never great, it was adequate most of the time.  There are many more places that calls drop or we get no coverage at all.  Voicemails take over an hour at times to download to my EPIC.  Also, text messages sent have random times assigned to them.  It may be noon and the time will show 5 pm or some random later time. It makes it difficult to follow longer text conversations.  I've had the battery out and tried every other tech support option so I believe it is a system error.

Anyone else having any of these problems?

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Don't post any personal info but what are a few addresses near where you are having issues?  I will follow up with you later in the day.

A few basic data troubleshooting things include clearing the cache, cookies and browser history.  Also do you have a task killer loaded and if so which one?

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Yes, I am having some of the same problems. Really slow and weird times and random order on my text messages. I live in the Inland Empire in Southern California.

Journeyman

Could you explain to us how does clearing the phone's cache, browser history or cookies possibly improve the stability and functionality of sending/receiving text messages on time?

The only reason why I could see it would matter is a memory/space issue. Thus, the phone needs to have as much free memory as possible for the inbox to receive new messages but besides that I can't see how that would improve the latency between text/sms messages.

Master

It would not have an efffect on text messages.  The data connection is relative to picturemail and visual voicemail. 

Voicemails take over an hour at times to download to my EPIC

I should have explained that I was aiming at that symtom in my post - thanks

Hopefully this will help others to understand.

Larry

Journeyman

Re: Terrible Coverage in the last month

Some of the areas where I see the weak or non-existent are Ash Hollow Lane at Cutler's Trace in zip code 45458 and North Alpha Bellbrook Road at Stauffer Drive in zip code 45434. The signal is measurably weaker at Baronwood Dr. at Indian Ripple in zip 45440 also.

I've cleared the cache, cookies and browser history.  I'm not a big data user, mostly gmail accounts.  Als, I get very few picture messages.

Thanks!

Journeyman

I live in cental florida 32771 but travel anywhere between Orlando - Daytona throughout the week.. over the past month or two I have noticed a Major decline in data speeds across the map espically in the greater orlando area.. which normally is lighting fast.

My current device in the Nexus S 4G... Which replaced my Evo4G. Enitally I assumed in was my Nexus causing the decline in service quality.. but after the recent OS update and a POS Refurbished replacment for my perfictaly fine handset... the issue is still consistant across all 5 devices established on my account.  Even friends and neighbors who use sprint have noticed this decline in coverage.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.