Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages held up for many hours? ...

Journeyman

Text messages held up for many hours? ...

Every once in a while I will get a text message that was sent to me many hours before. Or I send one and the recipient doesn't receive it for a long time.

Has anyone else experience this?

For example, this morning I was awakened at 4:30am by my phone going buzzing on the nightstand. It was a text message, a reply that was sent to me at 9:02am yesterday! The time-stamp on the text message was even correct. But for some reason it took over 19 hours to get to me?!

Any idea what causes this, or how to fix it?

Thanks very much in advance,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

I had the same thing happen to me at 3am, and was wondering if this was the beginning of the Android Froyo update to my Samsung Epic.

Wizard

Sounds like it might be a network issue, so I am moving this over to that forum.  You may want to search and see if there are others posting about the same issues on an active thread, be sure to include information on your coverage area in case there is a pattern that can be identified.

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Journeyman

Makes sense, thanks. It's the Rochester, NY area.

Journeyman

I have the same problem. I have been getting my txt messages late and sometimes not getting them at all. I really hope they fix this. Im starting to get annoyed of getting my txt messages hours later.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.