cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messaging issues 06705

Journeyman

Text messaging issues 06705

I'm having problems with everything except voice. I'm on a Moto Photon. texts are incredibly delayed, especially with other Sprint users. i frequently get the error "network error, please check the network!" and my 4G has been shutting itself off. i tried updating profile/PRL but it hasn't helped. Anyone else having these issues? Any other suggestions on how to fix them? 😞

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Text messaging issues 06705

I am not seiing any reported outages in your calling market. Have you tried to power off your phone and remove the battery for a full minute and then power back on? You may also want to update the profile on your phone.

• On the Home screen, tap Menu, then tap Settings
  • Scroll up and tap About phone
  • Tap System Updates, then tap Update Profile
    • On the Update Profile screen, phone will check for updates. 
    • The Profile update is completed. Your Profile is up to date. will display when complete.
  • Tap OK, then press Home to return to Home screen.

Ray

Journeyman

Thank you for reading my post. As I stated, I have tried to update the profile AND PRL. Prior to posting on here, I had done a battery pull as well. Some updates on my issues - text messages that were sent to me around midnight arrived at 6:13 this morning. Also, in addition to giving me that aforementioned network error (that maybe you missed as well) my internet is now saying that EVERY website is not available. As though the internet no longer exists. Does anyone ELSE have any suggestions?

Journeyman

I had the same exact problem for several months. I was using the Samsung Epic 4G. Random outgoing texts would be delayed for up to 3 days, and then the delayed ones would all be delivered at the same time. I would get replies from 4 or 5 people who were confused because they all got a mass of very late texts all at once. Very often I would be having a text conversation with someone and maybe 2 or 3 out of the conversation of 10 or 15 would randomly be delayed.

Tech support told me the problem was probably my phone. They sent an update. That didn't fix it. I switched to a cheapo LG and the problem was exactly the same.

Then I bought the Epic Touch 4G and went to France for a week. Since I've been back I don't seem to have that problem exactly. Instead, I only get incoming texts from a small handful of friends. Everyone else sends and sends texts and I never get any notification whatsoever about it.

I did have Google Voice integrated and would not get the notifications there either. I suspected GV was the issue. So I undid the integration. But nope. Still exact same problem.

I've not talked to tech support 6 times about this issue. They keep acting like they've never heard of such a problem and want to send an update to my phone. Supposedly I've got tickets open and notes on my account and they're supposed to be fixing it, but each time I talk to someone they can't find any evidence of this.

I just found this from July 8, 2011:

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-08/tech/sprint.text.message.problems.wired_1_sprint-network-text-mes...

Something tells me I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for a fix.

Journeyman

That's very interesting that you mention that...

This morning NONE of my texts would send - they weren't even trying to send. I'd hit send, and immediately get the red envelope. Finally fed up, I tried my luck with customer service.

The girl I spoke with blamed the solar flares (not kidding) and tried to reset my connection. On my end, I typed #some numbers## and then was brought to a reboot-like screen that from my understanding deactivated my phone, and then reactivated it. I had to try twice to get it reactivated, but it worked. From there it seemed my texts were okay. I texted an AT&T customer this morning with no issues, as well as a Verizon customer.

About 15 minutes ago I got a message on Twitter from a Boost customer asking if my texts were still not working - she had tried to text me several times this morning, apparently, and I have NONE of them. I tried restarting my phone, and still cannot text her. But I can text my friend on AT&T fine.

Clearly SOMETHING is wrong. The rep I spoke with at Sprint advised me to bring my phone into a store so that they can do a diagnostic test... I don't think I can get around to doing that until Thursday though. This is very frustrating, and to me it makes NO sense.

Highlighted
Patron

I'm having the same problems.  Sprint said it was the phone, tried a different phone, still have the problem. Called sprint, they don't know what to do.  Says my second phone must also have the same problem.

Let me know if anyone finds a fix for this.  Really fed up with sprint.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.