Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text outage in Buffalo New York

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had no text messages coming in since Friday morning.  Sprint made a ticket on Friday and is supposed to get back to me today.  They tried many things with my phone and on their side that didn't work.The guy at a Sprint Kiosk said that they were taking down towers recently to upgrade 3G in the area so that could be causeing issues.

Does anyone know anything about what's going on?  I'm not holding my breath that I will get a call back today but I really hope I do.  Not getting any texts is extremely frustrating....

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Sprint's customer care - just ask them to check Intercarrier Tool or Metcalf to see message status.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

When we search Buffalo, NY it will use main post office address if we dont have a more specific address.

Where, what specific location? The best possible idea is to use a business address very near your location – and let us know if you are North or South etc from that location – and approximately how far from it. With that information we can look up the cell sites closest to you and see if they have experienced any outages, or if tickets have already been submitted for them and post the current status. We discourage putting your actual address in for privacy reasons.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

480 Crosspoint Parkway, Getzville, NY 14068.

But I live 20 minutes away and still nothing there too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just asked the one person I know with AT&T and I got a message from them just fine.  It has to be a Verizon issue. 

Does anyone know of any issues Verizon is having right now?

Highlighted
Master

I looked through multiple systems and could not find anything - so I think you are spot on with narrowing down the issue to Verizon users. Customer care can access the intercarrier messaging program and see if the message is making it to that program - or if it is stuck on Verizon side.

Larry

Highlighted
Journeyman

My customer care or all of Verizon's customer care?  It's multiple people that I'm not getting message from.

Highlighted
Master

Sprint's customer care - just ask them to check Intercarrier Tool or Metcalf to see message status.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I got on a Sprint chat online and told the representative what you asked me to ask about.  He had me take the battery out of my phone, he did whatever he did (resetting my texting) and boom texting worked great.

Is there a number specifically that will deal with compensation for being without texting for the whole weekend?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.