cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Sprint Engineers - But I'm done....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know this post isnt meant for the general public, but maybe I can save someone the hassles of what I have had if they read this before joining Sprint.

First, a HUGE thanks to the Sprint Engineering Support (Especially Larry!) but after 2 week of being on Sprint, after leaving AT&T, I Still cannot pull a normal Data Speed on my phone in any area around Depew/Buffalo/Amherst/Clarence New York.  I have 2 weeks left to leave Sprint, and I am sad to say that we have decided to turn in our HTC EVO 3D phones this coming Thursday and move to T-Mobile.  I have tested T-Mobile in these areas and on their 3G I pull a constant 1400-1700k, and on the 4G, 5000k-7000k.  I so wanted to stay with Sprint and my 3D, but I will now have to switch to the Sensation which is the same as the 3D in specs, but minus the bonus of 3D.

Im bummed - But  cant risk being locked into a 2 year contract based on promises that there are scheduled upgrades ... Ive read that on the forum for different cities - people were told 90 days, 6 Months ago ....

So, Thanks again Larry and other Engineers - but you guys cant make my phone work any better than the slow network can go.

This is 2 phones now, but my entire family was going to switch to Sprint and now Sprint has lost a total of 8 new lines, including Porting of Numbers.  Never thought I would miss my AT&T (unlimited), never should have taken the risk to move to Sprint - I cant go back to Unlimited on AT&T now.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Good to see you tried the Sprint network Surovich.  Too bad Sprint isn't for you at the moment. Unfortunately with mobile carriers, one size DOES not fit all.

I was in the same situation eons ago when I signed up with Sprint first but only to find out network coverage in my own neighborhood reeked and they were gaining too many users on their network while Verizon and Cingular(ATT) was the best so I had to switched to Verizon for 8 years.  I came back to Sprint less than 2 years ago to give them a try again since I have heard great reviews for the best value and service but up until a month or so ago the network quality for 3G connections and calls has dropped.

There are underline changes at Sprint that they are not telling us about... either they are doing massive upgrades to their towers which is causing all the fluctuation in level of service, they are gaining too many users than their cell towers can support, lease dates on external lines expiring or changes to roaming agreements, etc.  What ever it is Sprint only recently I am starting to believe they are not being forthcoming to their customers.  I just switched to a Family Plan and added a line for the EVO 3D under my account but I am close to returning the phone and signing that line up with T-Mobile or Verizon. 

Unfortunately I had agreed to extend my contract 2 years in May, which I found odd why Sprint contacted me so early to do so. Now I think I know...they must anticipate a change in quality of service and want to lock in as many users for another 2 years before we leave the network after our 2yr is up.

-GP

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply

The Evo 3D is an awesome phone, and its the ONLY thing that even made me stay for the 2 weeks.  I call support and all the do is make me reset, erase the entire phone, etc ... They push the PRL's/etc and nothing ever changes.  Larry tried as well and told me they are doing updates in my area but since they dont do the work they cant give me an ETA.  I am just baffled that they havent done some major upgrades with these new phones coming out - they must have sold a TON of EVO 3D's and they had to know they would but seemed illprepared for it.

I am really bummed -  I bought a Car Dock from iGrip for this, screen protectors, Body glove cases and thats all wasted now ... Maybe at least people leaving will get them moving on updates.  I dont buy the whole 90 days, I have read that on the forum for other areas and people have said "Its 6 months now and its still slow" and I wont be locked into a 2 year contract for a phone that does only voice (Since Data is too damn slow to do anything on - it took 7 minutes to download Speedtest from the market).

I dont want to use T-Mobile, but at the store in the Mall I opened Disney.com with full flash on a Sensation and my 3D at the same time, the Sensation on Tmobiles network opened in 7 seconds or so, and after 1 minute the flash was starting to get the flash portion loaded.  So, I thought maybe a fluke, I went to another Tmobile store later, same test - roughly the same results.  (The Tmobile was set to 3G, 4G off to make it an apples to apples test).

Well, I wish you luck with Sprint - Like you said, if they are doing something I would have like to have been told - Not just, we are doing 4G upgrades.  The store told me 4G would be done in around 6 months!  So I could have slow data until then ... I cant accept that. 

Highlighted
Wizard

I have been a Sprint costumer for 12 year now. I have been seeing this community since it was buzzaboutwireless.com in 2009. I really dont know what is happening with the Sprint Network. This year (2011)  has been the year that alot of people have reported problem with the network. This year for 5 week I had almost no service in my house here in Miami Fl. ( I had never had any problem with our local tower until this year). I can tell you that what you are experiences is not the real Sprint Network that all of the long time costumer have experience. Sprint does have a plan which start now in the middle of 2011 to upgrade it network to a brand new 3g and 4g network equipment. Everything will be brand new and with the latest technology, you will get better speed and coverage. You can ready more about the Sprint Network Vision plan about it here http://newsroom.sprint.com/news/sprint-announces-network-vision-network-evolution-plan.htm

As a costumer for 12 year my advice is dont take the risk if it not fix by the 30 day leave but you could come back and try Sprint in 2 years. I can tell you that after the Sprint Nextel merge costumer service has improved by night and day. Every day they keep improving and now Sprint is not at the bottom of costumer service satisfaction att is and Sprint is tied in first place with verizon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I definitely agree I am at least happy with the Customer Service although having terrible experience with the the recent Network Coverage diminishing.

Good luck Suro!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.