cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone flipping from CT to ET in Chicago

Highlighted
Journeyman

Time zone flipping from CT to ET in Chicago

This has been happening on two separate phones, on multiple towers, at least since the change from DST this past weekend - if the phone is set to get the time zone from the network, it flips back and forth between Eastern Time and Central Time, on a period as short as a minute or two. These are 3G phones, rebooting doesn't help. Of course, changing the time zone also moves appointments around in the calendar. Setting the time zone to manual stops it from flipping, so I guess as long as I don't travel, it's sort of fixed.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello DAVIDEBSMITH0, please send me a private message detailing locations where you've seen inocorrect time/time zone, along with when you saw this happening, difference in time, and your phone number so I may report this for you, to have it corrected.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am seeing the same behavior on my Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch, both at my apartment in Logan Square (60647) and at my office in the West Loop (60607). As a result, my phone alarm went off an hour early this morning .

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been seeing the same thing on my Epic 4G Touch.  Both downtown and north side of chicago.  The only difference is that I updated to FI27 already. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had the same issue on a Motorola XPRT since Sunday.  I've seen it in the loop and the northern neighborhoods.  It just bounces back and forth between the EST and CST randomly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seeing the same problem on 2 GS2s.  I have it also narrowed down to the time zone only switching on the 4G network.  On 3g it seems to correct itself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm also seeing it on an XPRT which is 3G only.

But haven't seen it in the last 2 hours.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having same issue with my Samsung Epic 4G. This seems to be a network problem. Until Sprint can properly update their towers, possibly due to their upgrades, I have downloaded "SMS Time Fix" from the app store. This takes care of the problem of incoming text time stamps, probably won't do anything for your calendar events though. I've done all the troubleshooting suggested except a factory reset as I'm not about to lose all my apps when it's definetly a network issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy II.  Keeps switching between Eastern and Central time zones.  Super annoying.  It's happening to me in Ukrainian Village and the Loop.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had the same issue.  On Sunday, instead of going back 1 hour for DST, it went back 2.  Now it's back to Eastern time zone on 3G in 60605.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just spoke with Sprint.  The tech said the towers in our "region" are being updated and aren't scheduled to be finished until November 30.  We went through all sorts of "fixes" but nothing worked.  When I turned off 4g it seemed to be ok for a bit, but then flipped back to Eastern time.  I told him it seemed pretty ridiculous that we would just have to live with this problem, and he said he would note the issue, but there was really nothing else he could do.  So that's what's going on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue in 60654 and at home in 60608.  So annoying.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.