cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tower outage in Carbondale, IL 62903?

Highlighted
Patron

Tower outage in Carbondale, IL 62903?

Is anyone else experiencing an outage from the tower located on the south side of Carbondale, IL 62903? It seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth a few days ago, leaving me with half-a-bar of signal strength (I live only 1/4 mile from the tower, and my reception is usually beyond excellent).

Has anyone else called this in yet?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Tower outage in Carbondale, IL 62903?

Kat_2010, thanks for your post. I didn't locate an outage for the specific zip, could you provide me with the cross streets?

Patron

It is the tower located on Minnesota Rd, just off E. Pleasant Hill Road. The nearest cross street is S. US Hwy 51. The tower can be viewed here in Google Maps: http://g.co/maps/4hjq9

That tower as well as others in the area seem to be operating just fine. There may be an issue with data but that is only in the past 1.5 hours. What issues are you experiencing?

Patron

A complete lack of signal strengh. I am getting about 1/2 bar of signal leading to both incomplete calls and dropped text messages, which is on par with being on the fringe LOS to another tower in town. So calls and data are shaking, hit and miss, at best. If I move well to the far side of town, by the other towers, the signal strength is optimal (4-5 bars). This is the case with both phones on my account.

The reason I suspect it is this particular the tower is that this has happened twice in the past following high winds/stormy conditions. When called in, it was confirmed that the tower was processing 0 calls.

I can mark the location to alert network engineers. If you continue to have issues, I would suggest calling support to have a network ticket opened for your line.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.