cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Virgin Islands Network problems - Going for months unresolved in St Croix St Thomas St John HELP!

Highlighted
Journeyman

US Virgin Islands Network problems - Going for months unresolved in St Croix St Thomas St John HELP!

Hello- This is a last ditch effort to bring attention to the ongoing network issues that plauge the USVI. Obviously all of the support calls and trouble tickets dont seem to help so I will try to see if this generates a response. I am located in St Croix in 00820 zip and the service is near unuseable, broken call quality and frequent droped calls plauge us here. Data connectivity never connects EVDO, only 1xRTT, im not even asking for 4G. My BEST speed test recorded on local network was 62kbps, not 62kB, 62kbps as in 1/10 of Sprint's advertised 3g data rates.

I have bitten my lip for too long, I have waited and waited for promised upgrades and improvements. Nothing has improved, it has only gotten worse. Someone from Sprint Network Engineer team please respond, i will be glad to assist in troubleshooting the problem. Anything to get this resolved!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

I show 3 upgrades in place for the next 90 days. Here is map showing where those are. I have answered several posts on this area and these issues. These scheduled updates are supposed to be completed by March 16, 2012. There are no network engineers that work on the forums. Technical support can enter a change of coverage ticket if they are viewing your individual device history and the drops/failures are over allotted percentage.

I understand this is in more than one place but more specific location info helps us select the appropriate tower. Where are you experiencing the problems? Inside of your home, outdoors while driving, or inside and outside of a specific location? The best possible idea is to use a business very near your location – and let us know if you are North or South etc from that location – and approximately how far from it.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem but I live in Frederiksted, 00840, just west of the Post Office. At home my service is really bad, drop calls, slow internet, its almost non existant. My last speed test was .12mbps down and .16 mbps up. A friend of mine did a speed test on ATT and got 2.2 mbps and .8 up and that was at my house. I'm really tired of waiting in vain for improvement and just about to give up. I checked on the vision website and saw an upgrade in data for Frederiksted but now when I check it has disappeared.  I know you can't do anything but i just needed to add something. Thank you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup, it's like they forgot about us over here. Our money doesn't go far enough so they concentrate on the larger markets and let us bawl in vain. Then We pay all types of fees and fines for mediocre service. I'm sick of it.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.