cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make/receive phone calls?

Highlighted
Patron

Unable to make/receive phone calls?

Is anyone having issues making/receiving phone calls?? This started for me around 4PM today and now my boyfriends phone is doing the same thing.  We are on the same account.  All other features of the phone (text, email, etc.) are still working.  Is it just us?

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted

I am sorry that everyone is having problems with making calls. I do know that we were having issues in the Austin and surrounding areas yesterday and was told that all is resolved, but I am still seeing and hearing that customers are still experiencing dialing issues. I would suggest you call technical support and get this reported in and possibly get a trouble ticket re-submitted.

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'll just copy and paste my post from 2 other threads to this and every thread that mentions poor or no service.

I'm in Lake County, IL, far north burbs (60046). I've had NO service at all since Monday (5/21). I've spent the last 3 days on the phone with Sprint for HOURS! I've gone to the Sprint repair store. I've been told so many different stories it's disgusting. I can't call or text anyone, no calls or texts come into my phone. But magically Sprint has called my phone twice and it worked. Now the really weird part is, I can drive 3.5 miles to be out of my zip code and as soon as I'm in the next zip code I have service. My kid has the same phone as me and is on my account and his phone works. The only difference is, his firmware version is one up from mine. The store was not able to upgrade my firmware, the tech never had that happen before. He said nothing was wrong with my phone. One lady at Sprint told me I wasn't even showing up on their network, ***?! My only option was to replace the phone for $37 w/tax! I was also told the towers were the problem and they all won't be done until August. I've been going in circles and have no choice but to replace my phone, through no fault of my own. I will be leaving sprint after 13 years.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in zip code 35205.  I cannot send or receive calls or texts!  I have been experiencing problems for a couple of weeks, but now I am completely shut out of the network.

Help!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Another thread on this issue from the entire Chicago area http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/425946#425946

Highlighted
Wizard

Thank you for your post. In regards to the zip code 35205, I am showing a towers down based on a zip code lookup only. If you can provide an address of a business that is close to you, we may be able to determine if this is the tower that services your area and be able to give you a more direct answer as to what is going on. Based on the information that I am showing, this cell site is out of service at this time with an ETR of 05/26/12.

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

Our cell phones stopped working at our apartment and we don't have a landline.  It started this afternoon in Bethesda, Maryland around 4721 rosedale ave n, 20814. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Frankfort KY is down as well. 40601. Started around 1700, recovered for a few minutes at 1850. Still down at 2120 hours. All four phones affected. Voice and text not working

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here in 46307 and 46342 7 weeks now...no text, no calls incoming or outgoing, no data usage and I am on Roam from here to TN...Nice service I pay for. Got a same credit but I am still paying for serive I do NOT have. I was told it would be fixed May 15th May 16th called again was told May 25th, called May 26th and now they will not do anything but a $21.00 credit. It is not the point of a credit. That is not what I want, I want service I can use that I am paying for. 3G I have none, 4G, are you kidding me...doe not happen!! Now they are saying it will be fixed by July....July of what year? The "Now" network is the Never network. You never get calls, text or data. O wait you may just days later! I am happy (not really) tht they advertise they are #1 in customer satifaction...where is that...not here and not anywhere that I have read in any forum if you search service problems. I have been with Sprint "this time" a little over a year. I dropped them after the Nextel Sprint merge because of the service after being a customer for many years, Now I could kick myselk for going back "thinking" it would be better. I jsut want out of my contract to go to "Big Red" that really does have 4G in my area, instead of me paying for 4G or 3G for that matter....I will "ROAM" till the now paperweight of a phone and my contract is done.....Until then, Good Luck to the rest of you....I want OUT of my CONTRACT of service that I am paying for that I do not have ...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here in 46307...buy out what "No Service".....I am not buy it out...I am not paying them another dime

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have always had this issue.  Switching to Sprint was the worst mistake I have ever made.  I can't even talk on my phone because the service is so spotty.  I live in the Phoenix metropolitan area and it is completely useless as a cell phone.  It can do some cool things except communicate properly.  I was also promised 4G that they are charging me $10.00 / mo for 2 different phones.  Where has that been???  Do yourself a favor and switch to Verizon.  Thank god I only have three more months.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We are paying $20.00 total for 4G and never had it, let alone 3G...11 months here...they can kiss my you konw what...I have filed with the FCC and the BBB...This is a joke

Highlighted
Journeyman

a lot of us only use our cells, some don't have a house phone anymore. how can we call tech support or customer service to get it fixed? we can't.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.