cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating iDen phones?

Journeyman

Updating iDen phones?

A month ago, I received a letter in the mail saying that we had the option of getting a free replacement for the iDen phone on our plan. The phone displayed seemed to have less capabilities than the Motorala Brute we have. I was going to check if there were other options, but in a shuffle of family emergencies, I lost the letter.

Can someone please provide the contact information for the Sprint department dealing with the replacement phones?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Updating iDen phones?

If you call in we have routing that will get you to telesales and they have the history of offer letters sent out to you. As we are changing from iDen to Sprint Direct Connect they have added more staffing and training of that staff to help meet your needs.

Dial *2 from your phone or 888-211-4727 from any other line.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Basically what's happening is Sprint is shutting down the iDEN network (so they can clear up the 800SMR spectrum for LTE and 1xA Voice.) and you'll need to buy or get a free replacement for your current iDEN phone to continue to recieve service from Sprint. Sprint currently offers a push to talk service that will replace the one provided by the iDEN network, so you should be able to upgrade to a new phone (that supports PTT) and retain PTT services.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.