Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN through PPTP not working over 3G/4G network

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got the same issue on my iphone 4s.  Can't connect to VPN server.  Works fine over wifi.  My friend tried connecting from his Evo 4G and it worked fine but my iphone refuses to connect.  Is it possible that issue exists at specific tower?  or is this system wide?

Highlighted
Journeyman

See my post above.  Post #10.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Hansonator.  Did they charge u extra for it? I read another thread where its a $3 a month charge for static ip.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately they will charge you for it.

Highlighted

mmark27_,

You would need to get a static IP.  The monthly charge for this would be $3.

Thanks,

-Ron

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Mr. Sprintastic but I'm going to have to fight sprint on this one.  I just lost part of my discount because sprint changed the way it calculates them.  My bill just went up around $30 a month so this VPN not working is not at a good time.  If i wanted to be nickel and dimed I can switch to verizon.  Sprint was better than that but it seems to be changing.  I guess its time to call support

Highlighted
Wizard

What?! Are you serious?

Fix it in your system so the redirects work like they should, for free. Sprint is ridiculous lately.

I have 5 lines with Sprint. This on top of all the other BS they've done lately plus VZW's blazing fast LTE. Might be time to shove on after 14 years.

Do your job, fix your redirects.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: VPN through PPTP not working over 3G/4G network

Why does Sprint need to charge for this? Why can the network be fixed?   This is a required service that I need almost on a daily basis.

Or better yet:  Why can't Sprint be honest about its service and its featureless product?  Why not tell your customers that you can have unlimited data at reduced bandwidth, that the network will not allow you to make calls, will drop calls, and block services that frankly, are expected to function correctly.

I think I speak for many in this community when I say that I am dissapointed in both Sprint and your purposely misleading marketing campaign.  No doubt, many were fooled, and while that is great for Sprint's shareholders in the short term, the bottom line is that your celluar network, engineering department, and customer service are not ready for enterprise type networking. 

Its clear that Sprint's model targets the "average consumer" and once you operate outside the bounds of this model, Sprint collects additional fees.  I am already paying an additional 10 dollars a month for my service, isn't this enough? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Looking at a simple stock chart it is plainly obvious that nothing Sprint does is good for it's shareholders.

I also agree that the 'Smartphone Tax' should include VPN access as originally it was the 4G tax, then it was changed to the smartphone tax.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screenshot.png

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.