cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon ad gives Sprint an LTE coverage bump

Highlighted
Journeyman

Verizon ad gives Sprint an LTE coverage bump

Verizon has a new ad with a chart that says Sprint has LTE in 25 markets. I think that's actually a bit high, hasn't LTE only officially launched in 19 markets? And even still at only about ~20%? I think Verizon's being a bit generous!

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Verizon ad gives Sprint an LTE coverage bump

You're right, only 19 after working on this since April, and only 5 are major metro areas. Maybe Vzn's ad said or inferred "less than 25".

PS: I don't think they're on track to complete by end of 2013, at the rate they're announcing, it'll be early 2015 and we'll all be long gone to other carriers.

Wizard

There are many mayor market that Sprint has been actively working on that have not been announce that should be ready by the end of this year (Chicago, New York, Miami, Orlando, I think LA is on the list and some other smaller market are there). I think one of the reason Sprint decided to use Ericsson, Samsung, and Alcatel - Lucent was to make sure this project would not fall behind by have each company at check comparing what each does. I currently give them a completion date of mid year 2013 for all market announcement and full completion of all towers in late 2013 .

source: http://s4gru.com by no means is this official by Sprint.

Journeyman

According to Wikipedia, there are 285 cities in America, and at a rate of 4 cities per month, it will take Sprint 6 years, or until about April 2018 in order to cover every city, and that's only with their ~20% coverage "service". And that's not even including the on the road towers outside the cities. Step your game up, Sprint.

Journeyman

I have been loyal with sprint 8 years w/4 lines  data coverage on Long Island were I live depending if its real cloudy  or clear  is not so great and no 4g when my contract is up it looks like I will be leaving nice people and all but not getting what I am paying for 4g and better data

GrandMaster

im wondering if they were charting sprints wimax coverage instead of the LTE coverage lol..i spotted that commercial last night for the first time.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Well here is now the official list of were Sprint is currently working on LTE and 3g upgrades see http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2012/09/10/sprint-4g-lte-av...

Journeyman

OK, so with Sprint launching in 5 more markets, that brings Sprint's coverage count to 24. Verizon was close, but Sprint still isn't quite there.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.