cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Bad Reception at 76066 Zip Code

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very Bad Reception at 76066 Zip Code

I have a HTC EVO 4G for more than a year now. I travel between Las Vegas and North Texas very often. Whenever I am in Las Vegas, I have no problem with my phone reception whatsoever. But when I am in Texas, I could hardly get more than two bars in my EVO outside of my house. If I am inside my house, I will get one bar at the most, and sometimes no bar at all. The situation is getting much worse in the last two weeks, almost every call I made inside the house were dropped. I have to go outside the house to make any complete calls, and it has been really hot outside and I don't feel like to stay outside all the time.

I have tried the Airave, unfortunately, I could only get EVDO internet services where I live and it does not work with Airave. I have no problem with my EVDO internet services even though it uses the same tower as Sprint, which is only about 20 miles away from my house.

I have called Sprint numerous times and all I ever get is "we have an network outage in your area and we are working on it diligently." Of course, no improvement has ever been made.

I am getting very impatient at this point. Does anyone has any suggestions/comments, so I can get better reception? I have looked through many signal boosters and have tried a few, none of them work, unless I want to spend a couple hundred of dollars to buy an expensive one, which I don't really want to.

Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

whereabout, Where about in the 76066 are you located? Can you provide the nearest cross streets so I can look into this issue for you and I do apologize for the issues you are having.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The cross streets are:   Shotgun Lane and Dobbs Valley Road.  Thank you.

Highlighted

whereabout, After furthure review of the area I do show that there is an outage declared on the tower closest to that location ticket number 8977144. Technicians have been assigned to the issues but no time of resolution is provided. I know this isnt the response you were looking for. If you wish to you can call technical support and request a Network ticket be submitted for your issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for your prompt response. That's the answer I was given about 12 days ago and as of now, it still not being fixed? And it seems like that that tower has the outage problem at least once a month. Could something ever be fixed or I have to suffer as long as I am in Texas?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received an email from one of Sprint Tech along with the information on the ticket number 8977144. It did indicate there is "high Drop rate" on two sectors of the tower. I sure hope they could take care of it as soon as possible as it's very frustrated to have to go outside of my house to make any calls.

I used to have AT & T before I switched to Sprint and though I did have problems on and off, but not anywhere near as bad as with Sprint (I was using a Motorola Razr 3 with AT & T).

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.