cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow 3g Data Speeds -- you too ?

Journeyman

Re: Very Slow 3g Data Speeds -- you too ?

Midland, MI...

http://www.speedtest.net/android/155435977.png

I contacted sprint and they claim they have received no complaints about speed... But I did get them to give me a $20 credit since im obviously not getting the "Premium Data" im paying for...

Journeyman

I left sprint and moved on to bigger and better things for wait whats that for less money and no contracts...say it ain't so. Well there is always a catch with this deal. I have unlimited minutes (est: 5000min) unlimited text (est: 5000 text) and unlimited data (only 2gb) for $45 a month. I am using prepaid service running on native at&t towers and you are limited to unlimited data. WIth sprint you get unlimited dial up roflmao...with prepaid you get unlimited highspeed with limited quantity. You can use safely 100mb of data daily and about 2gb of data monthly but if you are heavy user than you will be kicked off. For my family we never touch 2gb of data and i am the heaviest user @ 1.5gb, wifey at 1.0gb and mother in law @ .5gb. This prepaid deal works out nicely, i get my iphone 4s, i save $$$$ and get high speed access. Can you guess the carrier for $45 for unlimited minutes, unlimited text and unlimited data for $45 per month. You can bring your own device too....speed test.png

Journeyman

I'm just going to leave this here..

Journeyman

So what are our options? I'm thinking of getting out, personally... I've only been with this company for 3 days.

Journeyman

Look at other carriers' coverage and data speed. Search the Internet to see if other people are having issues with the carriers in your area. Go on forums like this and ask more questions like you have here. If I were in your situation, I would jump ship ASAP while I still (easily) can.

Journeyman

Well I guess my problem is that every other carrier throttles your speeds after 3 Gigs... I can use that in a week. I just left AT&T for that very reason. I am wondering if perhaps the slow speeds are better than being throttled. Also, I transferred my number, not sure I can even go back to At&T. Also, their coverage sucks.

Journeyman

try going to T-mobile, they have higher data packages than AT$T (Up to 10GB) and the speeds are faster than even sprint 4G and Non-LTE AT$T all for a cheaper price than AT$T but only a bit higher than sprint.

Journeyman

It all depends on what's good in your area. AT&T is excellent where I live but I went with Sprint for the “unlimited” data. I just checked my data usage and I've used 4.5 GB and there's only six days left in my billing period. AT&T has that shiny HSPA+ network and since I haven't been going over 5GB lately, then their 5GB w/ tethering plan would be perfect for me, and I would only be paying 3/4 of what I'm paying now with Sprint. I wish I would have realized this back in December.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow I got moded for adding to the conversation? What is up with you guys Sprint. What is worng with this comment? I have seen people curse in this fourm and I cant talk about bandwidth?

Hello,

You have received this email because the content you posted below has been rejected by our moderators:

'Re: Very Slow 3g Data Speeds -- you too ?'

--------------------------------------------------
Tmobile just does not have good phone support in the US. All the good phones support ATT fq (frequencies) and not Tmobile. Galaxy note only gets HSPA+ on ATT otherwise you get Edge on Tmobile that goes for both versions International and US note versions. However there is a hack to get the US note using HSPA+ on Tmobile, but not everyone is capable of doing it.

Just mod all my comments Im out of these forums. Stop spending money on mods and upgrade the network and I would not have anything to come here and talk about!

Journeyman

well T-mobile is currently refarming their network to the PCS band, that will solve the phone problem

Journeyman

2012-08-20-15-08-42.jpg

GrandMaster

saddly youre still within their lowest markers for 3G speeds.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.