cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Data - San Angelo TX

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very Slow Data - San Angelo TX

I am currently getting very slow data speeds in San Angelo, TX all over town.  My speed ranges from 33kps to 489kps (top) in 15 different speed tests done over the past 2 days, the average being around 225kps.  Is there a problem with data in our area?  I know we have 3G.  It was much faster (over 1meg) a few months ago when I got the phone and it's just been getting progressively slower.

My friend and husband who are also on Sprint (but different accounts) are also having the same issue.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

Hello and Thank you for using Sprint.com Communities to report this issue.  I did some digging into this area, and there is a tower located near N Chadbourne St and 29th St, that may not be processing all incoming data requests .   There are currently no "open" service alerts for San Angelo, TX.  Please private message me by clicking on my avatar, we can get Network Ops notified. 

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

i've been having problems in 95630 Sacramento area since last night.  Text msgs not going out or coming in.  i powered off the phone and it got better.  but still would like Sprint to look into the problem.

Highlighted
Master

Hello.  For Folsom, CA, an aggregate performance analysis on 7 towers servicing this area is showing high success rates and low failure rates. 

Voice Block Rate:0.57%0.73%
Voice Drop Rate:0.50%0.80%
EVDO Failure Rate:0.19%0.50%
EVDO Drop Rate:0.29%0.69%

Try using your phone a block or two away from this location.  If it works better, it would be consistent with our findings for this area.  If your "indoor" coverage has changed recently, let us know, and we can investigate a coverage change for your location. 

Thanks for using Sprint.com Communities,

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

I still haven't heard anything and the download speeds are still really slow... Have you guys figured anything out in regard to the San Angelo, TX area?  Verizon is getting 4G here soon and if this doesn't get better, I'm just going to switch.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been having this same issue with slow data since april and it still hasn't been resolved. I live in Graham, tx (zip 76450) and been with sprint going on 3 years now. have always had speeds that was fast enough to stream netflix and spotify but now there is no way to do that any more with the service. what good is an iphone and an epic touch when you cant even use app store to download apps, pandora, spotify, facebook and basically any thing that uses data has been useless for me.  i used to use around 3-4 gigs of data a month and now i average around 200 megs a month. I starting to think sprint is secretly throttling data services.  but then again i no longer get service on the south side of town even within a mile from where the tower is supposed to be that i cant even see any more. I think they might need to send a tech to check on their tower which is a cell on wheels(cow) type tower.

Highlighted
Wizard

My son used to live in San Angelo and he said data is just slow (225-400 max).  They only have 3G and that's all there is.  He said it's fine for e-mail and the occasional web search but navigation was slow to draw maps and voice dictation regularly failed to find the server. 

Cheers,

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm sick of paying for a data plan that is completely useless! Slower than dial-up!

Unable to use Google Play, Facebook, Weather Channel Radar, Drudge Report, Fox News...basically anything that requires a broadband connection.

My wife and I both purchased Galaxy II's last year and we are only able to use it's core features when we are connected to a wi-fi....that we pay through our cable company!

Perhaps Sprint should reimburse and charge us for the non-smartphone plan.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.