cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very bad coverage/ slow 3g speeds in my area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very bad coverage/ slow 3g speeds in my area.

I live in the 88021 area code, but online sprint doesnt show the right area, so I use one close to me, 79821. And my 3g speeds are so slow!! I cannot download any app, get on facebook or twitter with out it taking 10+ minutes or just not working at all! What good is unlimited data if its too slow to work! Sometimes I'm even roaming. Sprints coverage locator says that I should have "good" signal but its horrible. On sprints network enhancements list there are no network towers in my area for a few miles. (Heres the link to that: https://network.sprint.com/?ECID=MA:EM:20120507:LNL:F:sprintnetwork). So my question is if sprint is going to add any new network towers in my area, SOON. I'm tired of paying almost $200 a month when the services don't work! I'm locked in to a contact(s) until 2014, so I can't exactly swtich. I upgraded to a Galaxy S2 and I wish i didn't because now I locked myself into another two years. I want to go back to verizon because they are going to start offering shared data plans. Can i get out of my contacts with out paying an ETF? becuase there is no serivce where i live? Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Re: Very bad coverage/ slow 3g speeds in my area.

Sprint is in the process of upgrade it network to a new network that will include better coverage as well as better data speeds for 3g and 4g lte. This new network will be completed by 2013. If you want more information about this network just google Sprint Network Vision. Have you seen Verizon Shared Data plan?

Journeyman

Well sprint shows that there is coverage in many places around my area, but when i go there i'm roaming or have very low coverage... And yes verizon is going to have shared data plans. Here is the link: http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/12/verizon-share-everything-data-plans-go-live-june-28/

Journeyman

same here, sprint is going down, time to change provider, im tired of the poor 4g coverage and useless 3g. I went to a sprint store today to get my phone checked, nothing wrong with it, it is sprint that sucks. They tried to sell me a new phone and i laughed. its funny that no tech support or PR people are here and reply. I guess they know and have nothing to say.

Journeyman

I've been a customer of Sprint for about 4years now. Until I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S2 I had pretty good data speeds. Now mine somtimes look like T.Charlie's. I live in the 23456 sip code and about 1mile from a tower. The map shows I have EXCELLENT coverage, but I don't receive it. I have to be constantly connected to my wifi router while in my house or my smart phone basically turns into a paper weight. I just resigned my contract for both phones recently so I have about 1.5yrs left...ugh... I can't wait for that time to pass because I will let this contract expire, then see what Sprint has to offer. On the other hand, every time my bill somes around, if my service has been l;ess than desirable, they give me like  a $50 credit on my bill. So I rarely pay a full bill. Guess I can't complain too much, but the point is still there. There service has become horrible at best. They 'say' they are upgrading towers. I no longer believe anything Sprint has to say as they will say anything to keep you from cancelling!

Journeyman

Journeyman

Wow that is bad. WiMax is a epic fail.

Journeyman

i had a evo 4g until about 3 months ago.  i upgraded to the galaxy s2.  i have much better reception in home but everywhere else sucks seriously bad.  i'm about to make my new galaxy phone my new paper weight and put my evo back on my plan. 

Journeyman

I upgraded to the Foton. What a waste.

I have spent countless hours on the phone with Sprint. All I keep getting are BS excuses. "Working on the towers." "We are in the process of upgrading."

Since March I have had issues with my data connectivity and dropped calls. You'd think Sprint would get their act together and have proper service by now.

All I want to do is get out of my contract! Sprint seriously blows.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.