Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice and 3G coverage being drastically reduced

Highlighted
Journeyman

lgmayka6308865653 wrote:

"All of hte negatives you listed above are the same for every carrier when dealing with roaming."

FalseSprint has draconian limits on roaming that, as far as I know, no other major carrier has:

---

Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges.

---

This means that even if the other carriers can "get away with" maps that include roaming coverage, Sprint cannot (morally, and perhaps not legally either).

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/index.jsp?q_termsKey=wirelessCustomerAgreement&...

If your use of minutes (including unlimited Services) on other carrier networks ("off-net voice usage") during any two consecutive months exceed your off-net voice usage allowance, AT&T may, at its option, terminate your Services, deny your continued use of other carriers' coverage or change your plan to one imposing usage charges for off-net voice usage. Your off-net voice usage allowance is equal to the lesser of 750 minutes or 40% of the Anytime Minutes included with your plan.

If your use of the Data Services on other carriers' wireless networks ("offnet data usage") during any month exceeds your offnet data usage allowance, AT&T may at its option terminate your access to Data Services, deny your continued use of other carriers' coverage, or change your plan to one imposing usage charges for offnet data usage. Your offnet data usage allowance is equal to the lesser of 24 megabytes or 20% of the kilobytes included with your plan. You may be required to use a Device programmed with AT&T's preferred roaming database.

If you use messaging services (including unlimited Services) on other carrier networks ("off-net messaging usage") during any two consecutive months exceed your off-net messaging usage allowance, AT&T may, at its option, terminate your messaging service, deny your continued use of other carriers' coverage or change your plan to one imposing usage charges for off-net messaging usage. Your off-net messaging usage allowance is equal to the lesser of 3,000 messages or 50% of the messages included with your plan.

http://www.t-mobile.com/Templates/Popup.aspx?PAsset=Ftr_Ftr_TermsAndConditions&print=true

11.* Roaming and International Calling.

Roaming:

Your Device may connect to another provider’s network (“Off-Net”) even when you are within the T-Mobile coverage area. Check your Device to determine if you are Off-Net. There may be extra Charges (including long distance, tolls, data usage) and higher rates for Off-Net usage, depending on your Rate Plan. You must use your Device predominantly within the T-Mobile owned network coverage area. We may limit or terminate your Service without prior notice if you no longer reside in a T-Mobile-owned network coverage area or if more than 50% of your voice and/or data usage is Off-Net for any three billing cycles within any 12 month period.

http://www.uscellular.com/site/legal/customer-service-agreement.html

USE OF SERVICE

At least 50% of your monthly voice usage must be used in U.S. Cellular's licensed markets. No more than 200 MB of your data usage in any month may be used in U.S. Cellular's non-licensed markets.

Journeyman

lgmayka6308865653 wrote:

"All of hte negatives you listed above are the same for every carrier when dealing with roaming."

FalseSprint has draconian limits on roaming that, as far as I know, no other major carrier has:

---

Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges.

---

This means that even if the other carriers can "get away with" maps that include roaming coverage, Sprint cannot (morally, and perhaps not legally either).

I exceed 350mb roaming nearly every other month.  So far, Sprint has not exercised it's right to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend my service.  However, my Sprint Data is approx. 15:1 ratio compared to roaming data.  I am only left to assume that Sprint keeps this in their TOS to use against abusers at it's discretion.  Probably against "permanent roamers."

Journeyman

I live in a city 40 miles north of Houston Texas and for the last few months my service has been HORRIBLE.  I have had Sprint for 10 yrs with no problems and now this.  I talked to someone and they gave me $25 off one of my bills but that's it!  I cant use my phone in the house like I used to and we do not have a land line.  If the problem is not resolved I'm headed to Verizon!

Journeyman

Same problem with me! Im done when the contract is up if not sooner!

Journeyman

KRISTYCHRISTOPHER2008 wrote:

I live in a city 40 miles north of Houston Texas and for the last few months my service has been HORRIBLE.  I have had Sprint for 10 yrs with no problems and now this.  I talked to someone and they gave me $25 off one of my bills but that's it!  I cant use my phone in the house like I used to and we do not have a land line.  If the problem is not resolved I'm headed to Verizon!

If you call and complain to their retentions department, they will give you an Airave to put in your home.  You will then get good coverage inside your home.  However, if you are definitely leaving Sprint soon, I wouldn't even bother.

Journeyman

Re: Voice and 3G coverage being drastically reduced

what is the number to the retentions department?

Journeyman

Re: Voice and 3G coverage being drastically reduced

I dont have any problems with sprint except in my home.  I am happy with my service everywhere else but in my home!

Journeyman

Just spoke with 2 really nice people at sprint and told them my problem again.  They are going to send me an Airave free for my house and see if that works.  I hope it does because I dont want the hassle of a new phone company!  Thanks Sprint!

Journeyman

Just spoke with 2 really nice people at sprint and told them my problem again.  They are going to send me an Airave free for my house and see if that works.  I hope it does because I dont want the hassle of a new phone company!  Thanks Sprint!

We live in the central TN area and less than 2 months ago all of a sudden we lost our service in our home. Sprint was very nice about the whole thing. They sent an Airave (free, just like you) and they also ended up letting us out of our contract. We tried both Verizon and AT&T (even though we didn't want to have service with either of THOSE companies and didn't want to leave Sprint) and neither Verizon or AT&T gave us service in our home, or as good of service in the Central TN area. We stayed with Sprint and finally realized getting an Airave is an awesome thing! Wow, we get full bars in our home and our internet flies. You will LOVE your Airave...your own personal tower right in your home!!!

And, to set it up, Sprint Airave Tech Support is AWESOME!!! They will walk you through the whole process if you need it.

Journeyman

I'm glad it worked out for you!

I was just wondering if there is any more news on Sprints coverage issues.  Its really frustrating to be loosing signals and dropping calls in areas that worked fine for years.  Good prices and unlimited data won't cover for a phone that's not able to consistently connect and maintain that connection.  Thanks, Rick

Journeyman

NOPE....I have been so frustrated that I've decided to leave Sprint when Iphone 5 drops on VZW.  I've called complained and nothing....deny deny deny.  I have been getting delayed txt messages, lost sales due to delayed emails as well.  Constantly signal bounces or no signal. 

Can't put up with it anymore.  I am moving on and you should too. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.