Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice and 3G coverage being drastically reduced

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you saying that Sprint raised their Early Termination Fee, and because of that, everyone can get out of their contract until 10/9 at no cost??? Do very many people know this??? I sure didn't.

We lost our tower several months ago, but our airave is awesome. I'm fed up with Android phones and the crummy updates that ruin the phones. I'm waiting and hoping that Sprint gets iPhone 5. If they don't I will be so disappointed! Would probably want to jump to Verizon if no iPhone...

Journeyman

Re: Voice and 3G coverage being drastically reduced

No, the reason you MAY be able to terminate early without a penalty is due to the 50c increase in administrative fees. The sprint terms and conditions state that you have the right to leave ETF free in the event that there is a materially adverse change to the account. You are given 30 days to leave as a result of that change provided you call up and specifically state that you are leaving due to the change.

This was discovered in mid August and many of us jumped on the opportunity to get out. A lot of people didnt cancel so much as have their contracts zeroed out. So there are quite a few people with Evo 3d that are no longer on contract, but month to month. Some people even claim that they were then given the chance to upgrade as well, but I personally can not vouch for this.

Anyhow, Sprint caught on to the exodus and their legal team has indicated to them that this is NOT a legitimate reason to leave becuase the welcome package that they mail to you states that the administrative fee could be as high as $1.99. While they did increase it, which is materially adverse to us, it is below the threshold that we agreed to, and therefore not a legitimate reason to leave. So, they put the stop to that.

However, it was then noted that the arbitration clause of the terms and conditions has also changed. While Sprint seems to contend that an arbitration clause change is not a "material change", others disagree. In fact, someone court of appeals or someone somewhere ruled that a change to an arbitration clause of a contract is a material change. . So, while this was working for a while, Sprint has also decided not to let people out based on the arbitration clause change.

Last I saw, people were even being given the number to Sprint legal dept, where Sprint legal basically said that the court case in question has no bearing. They basically told people to sue them if they thought they have a shot.

The other thing to look at is that some people who were told that they would be let out ETF free have actuall been charged an ETF and had a very hard time to get it removed even with their confirmation number stating that it wouldnt be charged. Others were told that they would be zeroed out (put on month to month) but Sprint would follow up and put them back on contract if they didnt actually end up leaving within 30 days. So, give it a shot if you want. At this point it doesnt look like you will have too much luck.

Check this blog for more detailed info. http://techadhd.com/rant/1315726788/sprints-tscs-change-how-it-affects-you

A larger discussion on this topic can be found at XDA. The blog linked above is in this thread on page 33 (its a long read). Good luck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1226343

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't thank you enough for all of the information you have provided...it's been exceedingly informative & helpful in understanding why my Sprint 4G USB modem, which worked just fine for over year, might have ceased to be operative within the past few weeks.   Again, many thanks & please keep supplying us with info!  

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you go to ATT you will be on their "EDGE" network 10 miles out of town. I had them for 2 years and it absolutely drove me crazy. The Sprint network is much better than ATT ... at least in the SE United States. It might be different in the NE and California, but it is terrible her unless you are in a major metro area.

If I left Sprint the only place I would go is Verizon. They are aggressively rolling out 4G and it WORKS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

PsiHigh, AT&T is rapidly changing that. I live in Montana and there is AT&T UMTS (3G) coverage nearly state wide. Granted we're a new market for AT&T. But even in existing markets, UMTS is being RAPIDLY expanded. It's not like the old days you mention where you end up on EDGE most of the time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Voice and 3G coverage being drastically reduced

Not to stir up this nearly 3 month old inactive topic, but more for future reference: in the My Sprint > My Account > Info center everyone should see a 12/2 message with a link to network.sprint.com where you can look up recent and planned network enhancements and upgrades by zip code or major metropolitan area.

Network Enhancement and Upgrades Search

Not to stir up this inactive topic, but more for future reference: in the My Sprint > My Account > Info center everyone should see a 12/2 message with a link to a new web site where you can look up recent and planned network enhancements and upgrades by zip code or city.

Network Enhancement and Upgrades Search
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.