cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice and 3G coverage being drastically reduced

Highlighted
Journeyman

Called Sprint and was told Airave is no longer available...interesting.  I'm located in Northern CA. I then asked when they stop selling them and she said a year ago! WTH??? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

You are not being told the truth.  We received our Airave on Thursday, July 21st, 2011 because we have virtually no signal in a heavily populated area of Louisville, KY!  So, go back and seek the truth - and an Airave.  However, we are less than impressed with our FREE Airave - it only improves signal if you are literally within 10 feet of it.

Highlighted
Wizard

EUPHGIRL wrote:

Called Sprint and was told Airave is no longer available...interesting.  I'm located in Northern CA. I then asked when they stop selling them and she said a year ago! WTH??? 

Acording to Sprint's own shopping pages the Airave is still available, and requires an order via telephone...

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc1230002prd&deviceSKUId=38100012&flo...

You should be able to find it by going to www.Sprint.com > Shop > Phones > Laptops, tablets & more

Tom

Highlighted
GrandMaster

also in northern cali. the map doesnt show any changes for my area. but for some reason the areas that usually have great reception and data speeds dropped..but the areas that i usually had dropped calls or loss of data are now off the charts great... somehow they switched?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Looks like Sprint updated their coverage map within the last couple of weeks. The new map that they have up shows them having more coverage now then they have ever had before. Hmmm........makes me wonder how accurate their coverage map is because I sell Boost Mobile and Sprint in California ; which both run off of Sprint, and one of my Boost customers called from South Dakota a few days ago saying the there was absolutely no service out there.

I would love some more info on this subject.....

Even my Sprint rep wont speak about it....

Highlighted

benisilin916 wrote:

Looks like Sprint updated their coverage map within the last couple of weeks. The new map that they have up shows them having more coverage now then they have ever had before. Hmmm........makes me wonder how accurate their coverage map is because I sell Boost Mobile and Sprint in California ; which both run off of Sprint, and one of my Boost customers called from South Dakota a few days ago saying the there was absolutely no service out there.

I would love some more info on this subject.....

Even my Sprint rep wont speak about it....

That's a lot of coverage however I wonder if its legitimate.  I'm in southwest lower Michigan and many times I am roaming within 30 miles of home but according to the coverage map I have 100% coverage

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kudos to THOMAS_ for bringing this issue to our attention-as it seems lots of us have had issues with crummy service from Sprint due to their "hush hush" downgrading of service. I'm really POed as I too have been a Sprint customer for 11 years, and have recommended them over and over for their extended nationwide coverage-esp. along major highways.

I'm on the East Coast-but have a brother in western AZ that is ready to throw his Sprint phone out the window! Now I understand why he's having such problems. I WILL NOT renew my contract w/Sprint in light of this sneaky, back-handed, downgrade in service they stuck us with.

The IPHONE arrival is just a ploy to try and chain you to Sprint for another 2 years!

Highlighted

I thought I would give an update.  I live in southwest lower Michigan and according to the coverage maps I should be having "good" coverage in many of the area's I travel.  The reality is dropped calls, lost data connections and so on.  I called Sprint about this a month or so ago and they said they were upgrading their towers and it would be fixed soon.  My reception has gone from bad to worse.  What good is having a cell phone if you can't depend on it to work??  SPRINT PLEASE FIX THIS!!  Remember word of mouth is the best and worst advertising.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So far in SoCal the signals have only improved over the last several years. I can remember certain areas where the signal used to drop for all the carriers and now I can hold a call all the way from San Diego to L.A.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I,among TONS of other Sprint users, are experiencing terrible unbarrable network issues all over Louisville. I am about to drop Sprint. I can't stand it any more. Each day only gets worse.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup, and thanks to Tomas for actually EXPLAINING what's up. The Sprint customer service people are nice but there's only so much they are allowed to do. I'm paying the drop fee and switching to ATT (the Death Star...ugh) but at least I'll have a phone that I can use to talk to people and calls that won't drop!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just wanted to let you know that if your planning on cancelling your contract, you can leave right now with no ETF fee. You only have until 10/9 though to do it. Just tell them that you want to cancelled because of the ETF raise and they will cancel your contract for free. Thank me later....

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.