cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHERE'S THE SERVICE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

WHERE'S THE SERVICE?

a couple of months ago, could not call out or receive calls, or send or receive text messages at 92802 zip code.  I was told it was a cell tower down and 3 or 4 days later I was notified by Sprint that it was back up.  I was credited 3 or 4 days on my next bill.  Since about 2 weeks ago, the same thing is happening.  I cant even call customer support *2!  Only two guys here that have Sprint, all other carriers have no problems getting in or out!  FIX THE PROBLEM!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

Got the same thing going on in zip code 21221.  It's been about 6 days now and I keep getting lied to about the problem.  I have been with Sprint for many years and I if I wasn't locked into a contract I would switch to a different provider.  I am sick of dealing with this!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The service is completely horrible in 02914 as well. I have been a long time customer and have never had such poor service. After contacting customer service over a dozen times, being told towers were down and resetting my phone  a million times, being directed to a sprint repair shop (which after I go there I am told they don't fix iphones) I am lucky if I have one bar of service and a lot of times I am in an extended zone. Then they decided to send me the airwave, which of course wouldn't work until about an hour after customer support help. Finally it works and I have full signal and I am able to text without any errors or failed texts. Then I attempted to make a phone call and I couldn't. I was told that my internet connection was to slow in order for my phone to work. So now Sprint wants to put the blame on my internet connection when the point is my service SUCKS!! Sorry Sprint I shouldn't need an airwave to begin with. Then they gave me a $10 credit. Wow amazing... I'm sorry Sprint but I'm not sure what happened to your service but it's HORRIBLE. $10 is not enough for the hours of time i have spent on the phone with customer service, my wasted travel time to your store, and all dropped calls and failed texts. Behind disappointed!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed illinois is having the same issue, I've been a customer 10 years and it's bullshit.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Service is horrible NW Indiana! Seventeen dropped calls in one day...promised credits that never show up on my bill. Also a customer for over 10 years but i'm not sure how much longer!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sadly all they do is promise a 25 dollar credit .. now I have to call in for voicemail just to get texts and voicemail instead of my phone getting them, the service is total crap. Sprint you should be ashamed.

Highlighted
Master

Hello and Thank you for using Sprint.com Communities to report this issue. 

For 92802, we do not have any "official" outages for this zip code, however, the 3 towers servicing the Disneyland Resort zip code have had some capacity issues and engineers are monitoring these towers.  2 of these towers have a "cleared, awaiting customer verification" status and the 3rd tower is being worked by field engineers.  I'm also showing Voice Capacity upgrades in June for 2 of these towers.  Let me know if this is still an issue, I can get this information reported to Field Operations. 

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing is happening in Indiana, area code 46217 and others.  I encourage you to contact your Attorney Generals office.  Something is going on that doesn't sound right.  Tower issues in a highly populated area.  I'm not buying it anymore.

Highlighted
Master

Hello and Thank you for using Sprint.com Communities to report this issue. 

For 21221, we do have a couple of official outage alerts for the Essex Maryland area.  However, it's part of our Network Vision Project in the greater Baltimore, Washington DC, and Central Pennsylvania areas.  Markets included ~  

Baltimore, Baltimore : Rural; Central Pennsylvania : Lancaster; Central Pennsylvania : Rural; Central Pennsylvania : York; Delaware : Wilmington / Newark; Washington DC : Baltimore; Washington DC : Hagerstown; Washington DC : Washington DC.  Zip codes from 17019 ~ 22742; 25401 ~ 25446; 56901, 56915, 56920, 56933, 56944, 56972.  

The good news is that Network Vision is scheduled to be completed by mid June which means this area will be one of the first to have the Network Vision tower overhaul completed. 

We understand this is frustrating and we are aware of the problem.  I can assure you that not only are we working to fix this problem, we are working to dramatically improve the overall service experience for this area. 

We appreciate your patience and business with Sprint. 

Tom

Highlighted
Master

We understand your frustration.

Network Vision is happening currently in 14 markets across the nation as we are upgrading 80,000 towers to 40,000 towers with a 50% increase in our coverage footprint.  So maintaining half as many towers while increasing our coverage footprint is what Network Vision is all about; not to mention having LTE 4G nationwide by the end of 2013. 

42617 also has upgrades underway and customers may experience temporary impairments causing increased voice drops and blocks, calls rolling to VM, and other voice service anomolies.  However, once these upgrades are complete, the overall service experience will be cutting edge.   

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/429188#429188

We truly apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience,

Tom

Message was edited by: tomdeaver ~ change 13 to 14

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.