cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIMAX done expanding, says Sprint. Do any of you with WIMAX phones still live without 4G coverage?

Journeyman

WIMAX done expanding, says Sprint. Do any of you with WIMAX phones still live without 4G coverage?

Wish I could insert a poll.  I'd really like to see how many of you were told that you'd eventually get WIMAX coverage when you bought your phone and how long ago your phone was purchased.  Please do post here though.  Maybe Sprint will give us some sort of credit if enough of us can show that we were tricked into buying our phones.

I bought my phone about a year ago.  My understanding is that WIMAX has not expanded into new cities for well over a year though.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: WIMAX done expanding, says Sprint. Do any of you with WIMAX phones still live without 4G coverage?

Well, that would be pretty much the vast majority of west Los Angeles. The 4g orgy did not last, people gobbled up phones and never got coverage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: WIMAX done expanding, says Sprint. Do any of you with WIMAX phones still live without 4G coverage?

i saw one person in the forums say that Wimax hasn't expanded into any new cities since 2010.  That's crazy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You got that right!  I've had my 4G phones for two years ($480 extra data charges) and not had a single day of 4G service.  I guess I'm suppose to move my career and family to a 4G location, heaven knows they sure don't seem to be bringing 4G to me.  WTF have I been paying for for the last two years (executive bonuses!).  Sounds like LTE is the next con.  I'm ready to go back to a land line.  Cell phone companys are the next version of the Wall Street banks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has been deceptive and almost fraudulent with their "4G" services.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.