cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do we do if we continually drop calls in our home? Is there some sort of booster available?

Highlighted
Patron

What do we do if we continually drop calls in our home? Is there some sort of booster available?

Everytime...and I mean EVERYtime we make a call or receive a call while we are in our home, we lose the signal/call.  This is soooo frustrating.  I just got a new phone hoping that would help, but nope...same ol same ol.  The lady at the Sprint store said I needed to call Sprint from my home to see if I qualify for some sort of "booster".  The problem is, I can't keep a call long enough at home to get through all of the prompts to get a live person on the phone.  Very frustrated!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

I previoulsy experienced problems with making and receiving calls, because I can't get a signal where I live. If you contact Sprint and explain that you are unable to get a reliable signal for making and receiving calls, they will send you their Airave device which uses a broadband Internet connection to boost the signal -- it's basically a mini cell tower. The Airave does have issues from time to time whereby it needs to be reset in order to get it working properly, but at least you'll be able to make calls.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Master

You can call from any location if you cannot get signal in your home.   Has the service always been that way?   How long h as it been going on?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Call and complain.  Sprint will try to make you pay for an Airave device but if you say no and keep complaining they should offer it to you for free.  Beware they will also put a new two-year contract on your account because it is a new device without informing you about it.

Highlighted
Patron

Yes. It has always been this way in this house.  We have lived here about a year.  We are about 5 miles "out of town" but on a pretty major highway in East Texas so it shouldn't be such a bad signal.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Airvana booster.Beware if you have Verizon Fios Its Not Compatible.Hope This Could Help

Highlighted
Master

Given the information provide  you should be able to qualify the airwave system.   You would need to have High speed internt through cable or dsl for it wo work. 

Does the Phone work outside of the home?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.