cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

What is going on Sprint

Since June I've been having issues with service multiple dropped calls, text messages that can't send, can't recieve emails because I have no data service. What is the deal I have gotten and heard several diffrent excuses now. They are upgrading all the towers in my area (rand and quentin road, lake zurich, il) is what I was told, my nieghboor explained sprint told them thier towers were not facing our area???, and a friends mom was told it was her phone which apple replaced only to still have the same problem. That is great upgrading the towers to LTE and dropping nextel ones that is fantasic news i guess, but you can't just disbale service to entire area for months days maybe. Then you call and they offer you an airwave which will use (not sprints) your internet connection to help you get better service through using 8x8 VOIP (voice over IP) oh goodie now I'm providing service so you can provide service and charge me still oh boy please just take my money now. Then you can be told YOUR home internet is not fast enough (since you only got it to read emails anyways, not provide Sprint cell service) so now you have to pay more money to get Sprint service to work. I'm sorry this not a solution or a fix on Sprints part, that is me fixing your service. I have one phone out of contract that one is going to another cell provider and my other which is up in June thinking about canceling that one as well and not paying your cancelation fee for what i consider your breach of contract. By your methods you could just turn off every tower give them airwaves, and still charge them. Not me it's not going to happen. So fix your problems already and quit giving excuses.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: What is going on Sprint

They're upgrading every single tower, this upgrade isn't like verizons upgrades. Verizon is just adding LTE to their existing towers. Sprint is doing a tear down of all of the old equipment and replacing it with brand new equipment. This means there will be some down time, but it will be worth it as you'll get increased signal strength (20% more signal) indoors and outdoors, 4G LTE, 800Mhz Voice (this signal will travel farther into places like basements and large buildings), and faster 3G. In the mean time to get your emails at home use your WiFi on your phone and the Airave should work just fine even with a cheap DSL connection from your local provider (assuming this is somewhere around 1.5Mb down and 0.70Mb up.). The Airave uses your personal connection because it covers your personal area (roughly a 50 to 100 foot radius), they're not going to provide dedicated back haul just to service you that dedicated back haul costs around 600/mo. Think of it this way, they're allowing you to broadcast on their several billion dollar spectrum for free.

Journeyman

Airwave 50 feet sure buddy, 20 feet if your lucky and works about half the time. Told by Sprint that it is my internet connection(of course these are the same genius that told my friends mom it was her phone only to still have the problem), and if you run their 8X8 test they have you run while on the phone troubleshooting it says it is my internet connection as well. Honestly that’s great they are upgrading their service. Are you sure they are upgrading, maybe they just are not facing this way, or maybe its my phone. All different excuses that were given to me by Sprints crack customer support staff. I'll go with upgrading the towers as you said as you seem to know what is going on more than any of their almost useless customer service personal. If you are part of their service you might want to let the others what’s going so everyone has a straight answer and people aren't paying several hundred dollars for a new iPhone because it is out of warranty and Sprint says it was the phone. I hope Sprint is refunding her the money, but of course the so called genius bar probably should have been able to figure it was the service not the phone. Told her to go demand her old phone back from apple we will see how that works.

Journeyman

I been have a customer of sprint for over 15 years and they have gone down hill in all aspects of the service, there phone service is terrible and piss poor, there sierra 3G/4G hotspot device is pitiful and there sale people will lie just to sell there crap, I will be leaving when my contract is up if not sooner, just need them to break there deal. I recommend that all sprint customers do the same, I have found that there are better phone companies out there, if we all start leaving just maybe they will get the ideal or go broke as far as I am concerned anymore, I have lost all respect for there customer service people due to the fact they know nothing and are always sorry for what's happening, that does not get it done thou, I am filing reports to the FCC, BBB and the customer protection agency to let them know what kind of company sprint is now, NOT WORTH A GOOD CRAP!!! at one time sprint was a cut above the rest, but now they are like AT&T (another trashy telephone) all they want is money and give you bad service.

Journeyman

I agree, this is ridiculous!!  I pay almost $300 a month for 3 phones and Internet.  I have loved Sprint for years!!  Now, I cannot use my phone at home - my only form of communication.  I am a single mom, it will really upset me if I need help and can't reach anyone one because of the "tower change process".  You know if it's as simple as that and Sprint doesn't feel it's really that big of a deal then why don't they pay us to remain customers or offer a "opt out" plan that will allow users that this is heavily affecting to find new providers?  I have family in Chesaning and Flushing, Mi.  They used to have outstanding service as well; now a complete dead zone. 

In addition, I downloaded a recommended update and my phone has had problems ever since.  I am told I must wait until Samsung comes out for a solution for the ICS download.  Who names an update Ice cream sandwich? 

I am very, very disappointed, I am disappointed in the management team that has not addressed this issue in a public manner.  In my opinion it would be the best business decision to address these concerns immediately and offer some the affected customers options that would include leaving sprint completely.  Maybe their engineers did not do their homework or maybe they did and the management team decided they could live with the potential risk.

My ex-husband has worked for the same company for 18 years....every employee has a sprint phone and the company has been with sprint during this time.  Now, they are switching to Verizon. 

Sprint had a time when quality and customer satisfaction was their goal...now it seems they are cutting cost, increasing charges and do not seem to be worried one bit about customer satisfaction. 

I will say that there is a Sprint Service Store in Standale, Mi that is absolutely fantastic!  They take care of me no matter what the issue is!  However, I cannot afford to pay for a service a can no longer use.  Sprint will either make this right or continue to lose long time loyal customers.  They need to keep in mind that millions of people not only have their cell service through them but their families do as well.  Blood is thicker than water!!

Journeyman

I don't really care what the reason is. 

The bottom line is this:

1. Any changes that may heavily affect your customer base should be communicated at least 30 days prior to the change (not on the bill or in small print - but maybe something similiar to the pamphlets they send out with new product options)
  2. All possibile service intteruptions that may occur should be explained in detail (I am assuming that they would have done a pilot launch with a long term system analysis to learn exactly what to expect from the improvement)
  3. I am sure that a cost analysis was completed prior to this decision that made it clear just how much they could expect in profit margin.  In this analysis there should have been costs for improvement.
    1. Labor charges
    2. Equipment charges
    3. Supply Charges
    4. Other
      1. Accomodations (food, lodging for the teams making the installations)
      2. Dedicated Back Haul ....why wouldn't that be figured in?  They are saving money because a good majority of their customers at least in South West Michigan are unable to use the service they pay so much for.  That is a huge cost savings for the company and if it wasn't they can write it off at tax time.  It's about making it right; showing their loyalty and appreciation to a consumer base that has brought them millions of new customers through out the years. Sprint is a company that worked very hard to gain a large share of the cell/internet market.  It would be a shame a real shame to see this cost them millions in lost revenue. Customers will leave unhappy and the word travels fast.  Why not just step up and look at it as an investment in their current customer base.  Do the right thing and take care of your loyal customer.
Journeyman

Ditto! I worked technology for nearly 40 years (military, private, & government) and we always kept our users informed of scheduled maintenance and down time.  Especially paying customers (two of the 3 listed above were non paying customers).   And we ALWAYS did those jobs during off peak hours/days.

I know Sprint is a big operation but come on.... I've had issues with my phone for many months.

I tested my phone with a Verizon phone on 3G and the the Verizon phone was about 4 times faster on Internet access.  Sometimes it was many times faster... Like 4 seconds for V and 1 minute for S!  Used different phones and 3 different locations in the city.  And a couple of the guys would ask "want to see 4G?".  Ha!  Sprint has no 4G within 250 miles from me. 

tsp

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.