cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on?

Highlighted
Journeyman

What is going on?

I have been in domestic roaming EVERYWHERE I go since yesterday afternoon! I live in Ohio near SR 36 in the Coshocton area. Please, if someone can let me know what is wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: What is going on?

Have you pulled the battery from your phone or turned off your phone for 2 minutes?  Roaming "everywhere" is typically a device problem and not the Sprint network.  Also, which phone do you have?

Tom

Journeyman

I have pulled the battery and also had my phone turned off. It just goes right into roaming as soon as it powers back up. I have the Motorola Photon. My brother and I are on the same contract, and I've even had trouble calling him all day. Our phones have worked fine up until last night.

Master

Traveling to an area at least 5 miles from your current location typically tells us if it's a tower issue in your area?  Have you traveled at least 5 miles from your current location?  Also try setting your phone to Sprint only in your roaming settings.  Home - Menu - Settings - Wireless and Networks - Mobile Networks - CDMA Roaming mode.  Also post a location that's near you but not your own like cross streets and a zip.  We can verify if there's an unknown tower issue in your area. 

Tom

Journeyman

I have travelled further than 5 miles from my location with no change in my service. I'm near the cross streets of SR 36 and SR 60 zip is 43844. I will try to change my settings, but as I said we haven't had any trouble until last night. Thank you so much for responding so quickly! In the 43812 zip code area, we are experiencing the exact same thing.

Journeyman

I just tried what you suggested, and when I switched to Sprint only, I went immediately into no service. So, for now, I'm back to any network.

Journeyman

UPDATE: 3G service has returned after almost 24 hours in constant domestic roaming. Must have been a network problem 🙂

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.