cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on, Sprint? I've been in roaming for two weeks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ever since the hurricane both the phones on my plan have been roaming. We've been waiting patiently for our connection to get turned back on, we've taken out our batteries and waiting two minutes to reset the server like I've been told before by customer service on past problems, and nothing seems to be working. We are otherwise happy with our phones and will continue to wait if it's a big problem that needs to be fixed. I'm just curious as to what the problem may be and if Sprint knows how long it will take to fix it. Should I take my phones into a Sprint store or just wait?

My zip code is 04020 and I live in Maine. Although I've already had customer service look for problems in my area and nothing has been reported.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

SpitfireCRX,

I haven't found any open issues for your zip code but I have seen this before. In the past a PRL update fixed the issue. I didn't see in your post if you've tried that but it's worth a shot.

Let me know if that works or you need instructions for your phone.

-Alec

Journeyman

I did a software update like last week, hoping that would fix the problem, then I updated my PRL, Firmware, and my profile after that and I didn't notice a coverage change... should I try updating my PRL again?

Wizard

It couldn't hurt, if it doesn't work either reply here or send me a private message and I'll work with you to get this fixed.

-Alec

Journeyman

I updated the PRL on my phone and on the other phone on my plan, and restarted them after. It still says we're roaming. But I have data roaming turned on on both of the phones so at least we can still use the mobile web. And I have still been able to use my Hotspot but it's extremly slow and sometimes makes my phone loose service for a few minutes.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.