cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the problem in the 757

Highlighted
Journeyman

In the Va Beach ara--3rd day in a row.  Monday I had problems most of the day--calls not going out or coming in, texts having to be sent multiple times, incoming texts having a 20 minute delay.  It was fine yesterday morning, then in the afternoon it was an issue again.  Then today, okay until a little while ago and now I'm having issues once again.

It's rather annoying...is there any actual solution from Sprint on this?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also in the 757 but in Norfolk near Janaf Shopping center and having the SAME issue every other day. It is frustrating when this is the phone I use for every day calling.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All 5 of my phones on my Family Plan are having the same issues in the 757 AREA code.  Some of my texts are getting to me 4-5 hours after they were sent.  Utter nonsense.  Sprint tech support says there is nothing wrong on the network (which I find hard to believe).

William Hill
Norfolk VA

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah...it's not a network issue, except it's affecting people all across the network.

Texts today taking 4-5 hours to get to me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed --- I know it is a network issue.  The main thing is to call Sprint and complain because that is one of the main ways theyr find out about issues.  When enough people call they start to take it seriously. 

This is clearly a network issue. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in VA Beach and having the same problem... I can send texts, but I'm receiving messages 4-5 hours later. I powered on and off multiple times, I updated my phone (LG Rumor Touch), and I don't know what else to do. It's pretty ridiculous.

Highlighted
Journeyman

On Facebook they are saying the whole state of Virginia is being affected by a network outage. Pretty frustrating when you miss calls all day long!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue.  Been happening for almost two weeks now.  It's extremely frustrating.

On top of the service issues, my phone (Epic) keeps telling me I have a PRL update for coverage area but I is always saying that...it never seems to update.

Service has been extremely sketchy in 757 since the Verizon outage a couple weeks ago.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, at least they have this forum where we can all commiserate together.  I feel better (if you can call it that) knowing I am not alone.  Sprint can say whatever they want to say, the bottom line is that there is an issue.  It would go a long way for me if they would just admit it.  Things break.  Networks have issues.  Things go wrong.  I get that.  However, to deny what is obvious only makes me angry. 

Journeyman

Well I asked about it on facebook and the guy said "there is a major outage in VA at this time. We are currently working to resolve this issue." I asked how long did they think it would take and he said "there is no set date for repair. We are working on the issue." I'm glad to have some kind of answer, but that answer made me worry a bit. I hope it gets fixed sooner than later.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Guess what?

It's still a problem.  Texts showing up 5 hours late yesterday and missing texts from today.

Awesome.

Should I withhold a portion of my payment since I'm not getting the service I'm being billed for?

Highlighted
Journeyman

And Sprint makes it sound like "its just you" ... They don'y appear to care ... let alone do anything about it !! EXCEPT raise the surcharges on this months bill.  I really think that since im going on my third week of interupted service that there should be some kind of compensation.  Someone please tell me if they ever get an answer or ??? from Sprint.

At least the news started airing the problem today ... maybe now Sprint will be forced to fix the problem ... even if they arnt willing to admit there is one. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.