cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Will Sprint announce the next MAJOR cities to get 4G LTE?

Wizard

When Will Sprint announce the next MAJOR cities to get 4G LTE?

Sprint announce that Dallas, Kansas City, Houston, Atlanta and Baltimore would be the first cities to get 4G LTE. That was about 9 months ago. Does anyone else think its about time for Sprint to announce the next MAJOR metropolitan areas to get 4G LTE? Surely there must be new areas launching in the next 9 months. Why not give us something to look forward to?

9 REPLIES 9
GrandMaster

Re: When Will Sprint announce the next MAJOR cities to get 4G LTE?

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/97601?tstart=0

if you scan down to the bottom of this forum you will see this thread which was made yesterday

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

I saw that thread but they are talking about Baltimore. That market was announced last year in October or November. That's great if you live in Baltimore. You've had almost a year of news and updates but what about the rest of the USA. I want to know which other major metropolitan areas will be next. Chicago, Philadelphia, LA, NYC, etc. Sprint should make some kind of announcement about that.

Master

We do not have that information at this time.   There has to be enough towers converted over to LTE prior to the turn on  of the service.  The announcements about when the service will be turned an come out a week or two before it happens.  I wish I had information I could give you but I do not.

GrandMaster

one info source you can check is www.s4gru.com... remember though that they have no afiliation with sprint..so if any dates are posted its not on sprint..but they are pretty spot on with their information about the NV upgrades.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Fireguy   Thanks for the disclaimer  on the site.  It is not Sprint and it is there best guess.

GrandMaster

no worries..just be thankful i remembered this time lol

Wizard

S4GRu.com is alright but they haven't had anything new on there for months and everything besides the cities that Sprint has already launched is pure speculation. Sprint really needs to step up and announce the next major markets.

Journeyman

I emailed Sprint on June 20 asking if they had any plans to add my area since we never got 4G and I had purchased a 4G phone 2 years ago.  The reply simply said:

"As per the available details, Atlanta GA, Dallas, Houston and San

Antonio TX, Baltimore MD, and Kansas City KS, are expected to be among

the first to benefit from 4G LTE and improved 3G coverage in mid-2012.

Future cities have not been announced yet. "

I live in Texas but 250 miles from the nearest of those cities.

Makes it hard being loyal to Sprint when all the other major players have 4G/LTE in my area.

tsp

Highlighted
Journeyman

I totally agree. They claim they was the first to start the whole 4g process. My question is if that is true then why I still don't have 4g in my city from sprint but I have 4g from Verizon and At&t.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.