cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When exactly did Sprint start LTE deployment?

Highlighted
Journeyman

When exactly did Sprint start LTE deployment?

Just out of curiosity, when exactly did Sprint start LTE deployment? Was it last October? I just wanted to know so I could gauge Sprint's progress. I actually hope it wasn't because 15 cities in about year is not very impressive.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: When exactly did Sprint start LTE deployment?

At any rate, Sprint announced LTE October 7, 2011, so I'm going to assume Sprint started it then. Sprint has rolled out LTE to 19 cities at ~20% coverage, which I would count as completing in 3.8 cities. A completion rate of 4 cities per year is not very impressive. Unless deployment accelerates even further into the future, there's no way Sprint's goona be "largely" completed by the end of 2013, even if you defined "largely" as 51%

GrandMaster

chicago shouldnt even be put into the equation. its been nothing but issues in that area..

come to find out those towers out there are owned by samsung? or at least are samsung equipment..the other areas getting NV that DONT have samsung equipment dont seem to be having anywhere as many issues with the upgrades.

not sure how correct it is but someone posted a while back that theyre getting roughly 300 towers done per week? not really sure if thats fully up and going or to the point that they can start testing and tuning.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Your number is pretty good the goal is to upgrade over 12000 towers this year   that works out to be  about 230 a week.  The tower upgrades depend a lot on the  tower and what has to be done to the tower. On some everything has to be replaced.  In others only certain equipment has to be replace and some new equipment added.   

GrandMaster

yah ive heard some of the nightmare stories behind some of the tower upgrades and what had to be done lol. including a complete replacement to another location for some towers. not many but for sure not a quick task either.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

That's interesting, thank you, but how many towers have been upgraded so far, and how many towers are there?

Master

I do not have access to the total number of towers  as this upgrade will be on going through 2013  I would guess that is around  half   I also do not have information on how many towers have been upgrades over all.   Information is not needed for what I do as a tech .

Journeyman

If you want information on the Network Vision deployment, go to s4gru.com.  They have maps of towers scheduled to be upgraded and towers already complete.  There's roughly 2000 sites complete so far.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.