cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the network upgrade expected to be complete in Chicago downtown? I'm having terrible service issues, that are worsening. 14-year customer frustrated and ready to take business somewhere else.

Journeyman

When is the network upgrade expected to be complete in Chicago downtown? I'm having terrible service issues, that are worsening. 14-year customer frustrated and ready to take business somewhere else.

When is the network upgrade expected to be complete in Chicago downtown? I'm having terrible service issues, that are worsening.

As context, I've been a loyal customer for 14 years, and have spoken well of Sprint to all my friends and family until now (and a few of them have converted based on my recommendations).

My coverage has been worsening over the last few months - at a store a few months ago, the manager confided that Chicago was experiencing some service issues because of the network upgrade. This has made me patiently wait. However, in the last 2 months (September, and October), this has been worsening.

Almost every call goes to my voicemail in the last 2 weeks, and texts take forever and have to be resent multiple times. I live in city, work in the loop and occasionally drive out to the suburbs.

I understand the upgrade has had some issues and has taken longer than expected, but I need a phone to function (we all do these days) to carry on with normal life (social, business, etc.), so a service that functions so poorly is not an option.

Of course, customer service has fielded many calls about this, and while respectful, has no answers because they're in the dark.

What's the realistic timeframe for a fully functioning service? If no clear answers are provided, I have no choice but to take my business elsewhere.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: When is the network upgrade expected to be complete in Chicago downtown? I'm having terrible service issues, that are worsening. 14-year customer frustrated and ready to take business somewhere else.

I've spoken to customer service a few times now, but they're mostly in the dark. The last call assured me that several network issues were supposed to be fixed over the weekend (the tickets said so apparently).

Well, I found out that they didn't, because my friends were annoyed that I wasn't returning their calls/voicemails and texts - of course, I hadn't received any of them. Thanks to email over wifi, I at least knew that I was missing voicemails and texts.

I'm amazed that no Sprint representative has responded to this post either (unless there's a forum methodology that I'm not following properly).

I've already checked out Verizon phones and service plans (and my eligible discounts) - I'm not on a contract. There's only so long I can go without proper service. It would be one thing if I lived in a remote town with little coverage all around - I live in the heart of Chicago and can't get coverage walking down the street in a lot of places in the city (with a current smartphone, with all updates regularly installed)

I'm looking to see if any Sprint representative will respond to this post with any helpful information. The posts/advertisements stating that Chicago is now 4G complete are annoying because the reality is about 3.75Gs short of 4G.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.