cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will you follow through, Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

There have been numerous Sprint Wireless employees over the past 18 months promise that 4G is coming to my area.  I bought Sprint under the pretense that you would follow through with your promise to deliver the 4G service to my area.  There was a press release I read that Sprint put out that CNET posted stating there would be around 200 new 4G markets across the US the end of 2011.  Guess what?  It's 2012 now.  Still no 4G.  What's up Sprint?  Do I need to go to another carrier?  When are we going to get the 4G in Fayetteville, NC?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Are you talking about wimax for your current phone or lte for the phones coming out later this year?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: When will you follow through, Sprint?

Doesn't matter-- if you don't have 4G WiMax by now, you probably won't ever get it-- if you're not in one of the very few select cities slated for the 4G LTE intial roll out, then you probably won't have that until sometime until very late 2013 or 2014.

If you've already bought a 4G WiMax phone-- that will be obsolete within the next two years & the 4G LTE phones aren't available yet.

Either way, it's not a very good time to be with Sprint, unless you're lucky enough to be in a 4G WiMax city & already have purchased the phone to go along with it.

If you haven't, then there is not a whole lot you can do to get 4G, except move to a new city or go to a new carrier.

Tell me, you haven't been paying that additional $10 "Smartphone" fee (per line) all of this time now, have you?

"Money down the drain", I say, "money down the drain"... 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.