cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Do I Pay for 4G?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why Do I Pay for 4G?

Why do i pay for 4G when i can not use 4G even though i have a 4G phone. Why should we pay for 4G when we can not use 4G. I pissed because i have a 4G Lte phone and i can not even use regular 4G  why in the hell can i not use regular 4G? I say we start a movement with BBB to get are money back on services we cant even use!!! I really thinking about moving to verizon...

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Why Do I Pay for 4G?

You dont pay any extra for 4g services. You pay for a data plan and a 10$ premium data charge if you have a smart phone but even 3g only phones have that 10$ fee. You arent paying anymore than you would be if you had a 3g only smartphone. And Sprint made it VERY clear that LTE is still in the roll out phase and is not even close to nation wide yet. If you didnt educate yourself on this that is an over sight on your part.

Journeyman

Um, I agree... I've had Sprint everything plan for years and when I went from a Blackberry Smartphone to a 4G EVO... I had to pay the upcharge... I was also told by the sales person... (color me surprised) that the 4G services were available in my local area... NOT!

Well, If I have to pay the extra $$$ I'm going to use the extra data... I'll teather my computer off my phone...

Journeyman

If you go back to day 1 the extra $10 was for 4G service. That is what I was told and I argued that we had no 4G and the Sprint rep told me that I could always go to city that offered the service (stupid statement) and that our area was getting 3G within 2 months.  That was 24 months ago and we still don't have 4G!  Btw, my contract expired yesterday but my wife has 18 months to go.  Kids phone expire in 1 month.

Additional proof of the 4G fee.  My phone was a 4G phone and carried the fee. My wife had a phone that did everything my phone could do except was not 4G capable. Her phone did not have the fee.  Ditto with kid's phones.

This was 2 years ago.  Sometime along the way Sprint changed the reason for the fee.  I don't have the original wording but I do recall the conversation with the rep because I made a big issue of the extra charge.

tsp

Journeyman

tsprt wrote:

If you go back to day 1 the extra $10 was for 4G service. That is what I was told and I argued that we had no 4G and the Sprint rep told me that I could always go to city that offered the service (stupid statement) and that our area was getting 3G within 2 months.  That was 24 months ago and we still don't have 4G!  Btw, my contract expired yesterday but my wife has 18 months to go.  Kids phone expire in 1 month.

Additional proof of the 4G fee.  My phone was a 4G phone and carried the fee. My wife had a phone that did everything my phone could do except was not 4G capable. Her phone did not have the fee.  Ditto with kid's phones.

This was 2 years ago.  Sometime along the way Sprint changed the reason for the fee.  I don't have the original wording but I do recall the conversation with the rep because I made a big issue of the extra charge.

tsp

It was originally for 4G on the HTC EVO but it was changed to cover all smart phones. The reason your wifes phone and your kids phone don't have the charges is because you signed a contract that kept you locked into not having the $10 premium data fee on 3G only smart phones.  If you where to activate a new smart phone on your wifes line or your kids line you would incur the $10/mo premium data charge, even if it where a 3G only device.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.