cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Oklahoma doesn't have a 4G Market (Tulsa & Oklahoma City)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why Oklahoma doesn't have a 4G Market (Tulsa & Oklahoma City)

Its so frustrating that Oklahoma has no 4G coverage at all. I figure at least the two major metropolitan areas would be worthy but come to find out the entire state isn't. I'm paying for 4G coverage with no service, sprint's excuses are ridiculous and don't make sense. I'm also upset with the yet to come OTA android 2.3 update for their highest selling device; the HTC EVO©.                                                                                                                 -sincerely, a very unhappy costumer

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Journeyman

Verizon here I come.  Been with Sprint since 2004 but there is no way I going to keep paying for 4G and not have access to it

Highlighted
Master

I guess I'm lucky, I've been on 4G at my home for the past 6 months in NW OKC.  2-3MBps.  It's awesome. 

Highlighted
Wizard

I'd hate to lose such a long standing customer! There is no extra charge for 4G, though it's often thought that the $10 smartphone charge is such. The $10 fee is for unlimited data on smartphones and is unrelated to 4G. Our competitors, meanwhile, are capping/throttling data usage or charging data overage. I hope that you will reconsider!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Smoke blowing, I have and had a data plan, 3 smart phones, 1 whatever, 1mobile Wi. The $10 fee is [...], $360 a year, $720 for life of contract. Times (X) that with all Sprint customers. [....], You tie's a little too tight!!! You don't hate to lose me. If Sprint did it would have[..] come up with a better plan.

Message was edited by: mapesy for language

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfair!

Highlighted
Journeyman

How much data can one access when they are on 3G???  When I'm at work it takes a good part of the morning to read news from CNN or local paper.  I wish someone at Sprint could tell me when 4G is going to be in Tulsa!  It has been in some areas for quite sometime so why not rest of the city?  I am a paying customer and should be told when or if it is going to be city wide like it is with Verizon and T-Mobil.  There is no way I'm going to stay with Sprint if they cant even give me a straight answer.  Sprint all you care about sucking money out of my checking accout.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint came out to our worksite and switched and signed up a lot of my coworkers, about 8 or 9 of us in our area alone had Sprint.  Now only 2 of us still have Sprint.  Rest have switched over to Verizion and have 4G.  They all tell me to drop Sprint and pay the fee and go with Verizon.  So here is my question.  How do I go about droping this company that don't care and still be able to keep my phone number?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My 3G speeds in OKC are on the order of 600-800mbp/s during peak times (usually afternoon and early evenings) but as high as 900-1.5mbp/s during off peak times, which for reading things like CNN or mainly text based sites is more than fast enough (heck, 1xRTT, which is about 144kbp/s would be enough for that). If you are having problems reading sites like that on a 3G connection then I would have your phone checked out, and/or call tech support to see if there are any issues in your area. On 4G at work I get between 3.5 and 7.0 mbp/s but since it's not "officially" turned on in OKC I can't complain on the days when it doesn't work at all or when it's slower.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The $10 fee is NOT for 4G data-it's for any smartphone. Even with that added on, Sprint's $79 plan is cheaper than AT&T or Verizon's plans for smartphones, AND their 3G data has no caps-unlike Verizon or AT&T which charge hefty overages.

So yes, you could cancel and go to Verizon or AT&T but you would end up paying more right off the bat as their comparable plans start at $15-$35 MORE than Sprint's, then if you go over on your data access you will be charged more still.

When you put it into perspective like that, you realize that $10 more (bringing individual plans to $79.99) is still a good deal, even without 4G.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Check out AT&T or Verizon's plans online and you will see that their comparable plans for smartphones (comparable to the Everything 450 plan which on Sprint is $79.99 WITH the $10 data fee tacked on) are higher right off the bat-by an order of $15 to as much as $45 depending upon which data package you choose. And then remember too that their plans do not offer unlimited data-if you choose a plan, say, with 2GB of data and go over you get hit with $10/GB overages, so you'll pay even more still.

Don't believe me, go to their websites and see for yourself.

I don't work for Sprint, but I don't understand why people want to spend more money for a service that isn't any better (and in fact, is worse in the case of AT&T's overloaded network).

Highlighted
Wizard

DONALIEN wrote:

I'd hate to lose such a long standing customer! There is no extra charge for 4G, though it's often thought that the $10 smartphone charge is such. The $10 fee is for unlimited data on smartphones and is unrelated to 4G. Our competitors, meanwhile, are capping/throttling data usage or charging data overage. I hope that you will reconsider!

HAHAHAHA!!!!  So, we have an Unlimited Data plan that we pay for Unlimited.  Then we have to pay $10 to have Unlimited Data on an Unlimited Data plan that we pay for. HAHAHAHAHA!!!  I'm printing this to present at the court if and whenever there is a class action lawsuit in Oklahoma against Sprint.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.