cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting REALLY slow 3G data with iPhone 4S?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I joined Sprint like 2 months ago because of the iPhone 4S, i must say, the phone itself is amazing. However, the Unlimited "3G" data is extremely slow. In fact, it's useless unless I am surfing the web which is the only thing it can't be used for. I can't download apps because it's always waiting and it's frustrating when trying to listen to Pandora because it lags every 3 seconds. I took some pictures of two tests I ran with speedtest.net in which I can prove to you guys how SLOW my connection is. I contacted Sprint a few times about this and they said that I am supposed to get the "best coverage" according to my zip code. Then, they said that it was an outage. Twice I've called, twice they say it was an outage. See for yourself...

And, I'd like to add that I've never seen my iPhone with 5 bars, Nor have I seen it with 4 bars while at home. How frustrating! I tried the #UPDATE# thing, restarting my phone. Nothing. It's useless...I'm paying $90+ for a service I can't even use.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

UnderJonathan:

I too have the iPhone 4S and it seems like everyone in Sprint who has the iPhone is having this issue. I have called numerous times and have heard the same story over and over again that it could probably be that a tower is down and they give me an ETR and the date comes and goes and I keep having the same issues. I have grown tired of this and have filed a complain with the BBB to get the ETF waived and get my money back for the phone so I can go to another carrier and it took Sprint 2 weeks to call me back concerning my complain and on wednesday a technician will call me to see what they can do to help me with this and convince me to stay but if all fails, I will tell them I want out or I will file a complain with the FCC until they let me go. You have to go tough on them.

I don't know what else to really tell you but try the BBB first and Good Luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

I've been wanting to go to another carrier for a while but they keep telling me I have to pay a fee in order to terminate my contract without hurting my credit. What's BBB? The iPhone 4S is actually my first iPhone and I came back to Sprint after having MetroPCS. I've had Sprint before (like in 2008) but I quit because of their prices. Anyway, I don't want my credit to get hurt, but I too want to leave Sprint. How can I do this? I'm tired of getting lies from people over the phone. What does FCC mean? Sorry, I am not savvy about this kind of stuff.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The BBB stands for The Better Business Bureau and the FCC stands for Federal Communications Commission. They are a federal agency so taking your issue with them will definitely cause Sprint to take you more seriously but I decided to go small to see how Sprint repsonds to my problems. So far they seem concerned and lets see how it goes. The Better Business Bureau rates every company on their services and many people before choosing a carrier go to this website to see what other customers think about them and what the Burea grades them and so far they have given sprint a B so Sprint will do whatever it takes to prevent their grade from getting lower so they will take my complain seriously because then I can call the BBB and tell them how they ignored my pleas and that would definitely impact Sprint's grade.

I hope I have made myself be understood. I hope this helps

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.