cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are we paying for 4g when its not available??? (Philly)

Journeyman

Why are we paying for 4g when its not available??? (Philly)

Why are we paying for 4g when its not available (Philadelphia)??? I see why sprint offers unlimited data because the network is soooo slow. I've been a customer for almost 10 years (like that matters) and 70kbps is not cutting it. I can only make phone calls from one corner of a room in my apartment and when i'm using GPS it cuts out and you will not know where to go. I am about to take this phone back and go with AT&T. This is a joke and I'm sooo Done!!!!!

7 REPLIES 7
GrandMaster

Re: Why are we paying for 4g when its not available??? (Philly)

this has been an off again on again topic..the $10 fee youre paying isnt for 4G..its for premium data..if it were for 4G then phones like the iphone4/4s, blackberry and other non 4G capable phones wouldnt have to pay it..which they do..any and all smart phones use more data than a regular dumb phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I don't see anything premium about 70kbps and not being able to view a webpage from my apartment unless i'm connected to my home network.

Master

I am sorry you have a slow data speed on your device.  Have you contacted customer service about the issue?.   If you can give me a location cross streets city and state where you are I will be happy to look in to  this for you?    Fireguy is correct the premium data fee is because of the increase in data smart phones have.  If is not a fee for 4G.

Journeyman

Columbus Blvd and Spring Garden, Philadelphia, PA 19123

Master

Currently I do see that the two closest towers to that location are  out of service.  This means that your signal has to be pushed to a different tower at this time it looks like a capacity issue with the service.  We are working on the towers and hope to have them back in service by  8 Dec.

Journeyman

Thanks 14Knight. Do you know when 4g is coming here?

Master

Other than the fact it is coming I do not have any time table for the rollout.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.