cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have no or 1 bar of signal strength inside my house? Nampa, Idaho.

Highlighted
Patron

Why do I have no or 1 bar of signal strength inside my house? Nampa, Idaho.

I am in the 83687 zip code, Nampa, Idaho.

I usually have 0 or just 1 bar of signal strength in my house, it goes to 2 bars rarely when I'm up in the 2nd floor though. I get dropped calls, and they are garbled sometimes, it's extremely frustrating. I was hoping it would clear up or something, as if it were caused by a faulty tower(?) but it's been just over 3 months now with no end in sight and I also get booted to roaming(I choose cancel) sometimes.

The phone was bought and activated for this zip code so we haven't moved since receiving it. Having done a quick Google it seems others have the same problem as well.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch.

Best Regards!

22 REPLIES 22
Master

Re: Why do I have no or 1 bar of signal strength inside my house? Nampa, Idaho.

With a closer location I can not look where you are compared to the towers or look at tower performance.  Can you provide cross streets near you.

Patron

Oh sorry, Airport Road and Happy Valley Road cross streets are half a block west of us. Thanks for checkign on this for us!

Master

What I can see for that address is that there is only one tower near you  about one and half miles away.  Has the service performance at this location always been this way?  Do you have good coverage outside of the house?

Patron

It's always been like this, but yes when I go outside I get good coverage. I'm assuming it has to do with how the house was built or something, I just have no idea what else do though and I can't keep getting dropped calls(it's happening more it seems, may just be bad luck though). If I stand next to an upstairs window I can get 2 bars, so maybe it's the materials of the house? It was just built last year in July.

We lost about 2 bars of signal strength on our Verizon phones when we first moved in after having the house built, but it rarely went to 0 and I only remember a couple of dropped calls, but I get about 1-2 a week with Sprint. We like your service better but if we can't use our phone reliably in house(she's probably going to switch from Verizon when her contract is up) then we might have to go back to Verizon. =/

Anyway, I appreciate the help, looking forward to a good solution should there be one.

Journeyman

where did you check??

Master

Do you have High speed internet in the home?    It does indeed seem it is the construction of the home that is causing the issue.

Master

Ayj62009     I do not understand the your question?   Are you asking what tools I used  or what locations I looked at? 

Journeyman

to check for the towers and their performance?

Master

I have a tool that allows me to pull towers near a particular address or intersection and look at the performance of the tower.   Are you asking what towers I looked at?

The questions you asked have multiple answers.  I would like to give you an answer that addresses what you wish to know.  

Journeyman

okay i see well thanks

Patron

Yes, we have a 15Mbit DSL connection. We built the house for insulation to save more energy, to be more green(and save some, hah,) and cut our signal down? Figures. haha!

Is there anything that can be done, I have been told of a device, I forgot the name of them since I looked them up a couple of months ago, but they cost a few hundred bucks. Don't have the money for that sort of thing right now. =/

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.