cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no 4G upgrades in 3G areas?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why no 4G upgrades in 3G areas?

I've been a Sprint customer for over 9 year and live with in 35 miles of their corporate head quarters in Kansas City, MO.  you would think living so close to their HQ they would have a base 4G system. We are not even a small town, Leavenworth, KS. has a population of over 35,000 people not counting the Army base. and nearby Lansing, KS. which is literally just across the street from Leavenworth adds another 12,000 people. Sprint just made their big 4G and 4G LTE up grade announcements yet all they announced to our area is better 3G service. Why is this? Why are they leaving our area out when we are so close to the Kansas City Metroplex?

Every other big name carrier has 4G coverage in this area yet Sprint still claims to have the best customer service and charge us $10.00 a month for Data usage on 3G service.

What I want to know is when is Sprint going to live up to their own hype and get 4G service to areas besides big city's.

My home town of Kearney,Nebraska 66048 has Sprint 4G service and has had it ever since it came out only because Kearney is right on I-80 and has University of Nebraska@Kearney there yet it is the same size if not smaller then Leavenworth, Kansas.

That last sentance was just to get my point across,

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has been lazy about pleasing their customers.  I have waited 2 yrs for 4g service with my original Evo and still nothing and I can well imagine that Dayton, Ohio will be one of the last to get LTE.  We are seriously considering another carrier.

Journeyman

Wow...NewfPyr, I was in disbelief to read that a city of your size does not have 4G service! Now I feel like a whiney little brat!   Yet you sit right off of Interstates 75 and 70 which in turns usually automatically qualifies your area for 4G service. Yet as you say and shown by the Sprint Nationwide Coverage Map that your city Dayton,Ohio, does not have 4G service and if you click on the Map Detail Option it does not show any proposal 4G upgrades just more 3G upgrades just like in my area.

Like you I am not only considering going with another carrier, I have already bought out one of contracts with sprint for a broadband card for my laptop and gone with another company that charges $5.00 a month $ .39 a MB with no minimum or maximum usage and no contracts. You use it when you need it and forget about it when you don't need it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I forgot to mention in my reply that every major Cell phone company in my area has 4G and or 4G LTE service. Which begs to question why does the nations "best unlimited service" not have 4G service fully nation wide like their competitors do?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google "Network Vision" and you will receive answers to your questions. In short, most Sprint areas will be covered with 4G by the end of 2013 - many sooner. Sprint initially decided to implement WiMax 4G early on and it was an epic bust. Poor technology, poor deployment, poor coverage. Now Sprint is hustling to revamp their entire infrastructure to get back up to speed (poor pun?) with the other carriers. You win some, you lose some.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.