cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extremely slow data in north texas

Highlighted
Journeyman

extremely slow data in north texas

so i've been dealing with sprint ticket support for the past week now and they are telling me that my slow data speeds are an issue with my phone.  how is this an issue with my phone when all three phones on my account are having the same issue.  not all the same type of phone either, epic touch 4g, iphone 4s, htc hero.  You don't go from having great speeds in the 1.2 - 2.0 mbps download 400kbps - 1.0mbps upload(sometimes peak higher then that in the morning hours).  know  50-200kbps download and uploads speeds are o.o mbps, don't even think about posting a pic to facebook. so know they want me to take my iphone since that's the phone i use most, to the apple store so they can make sure there is nothing wrong. so i restored the phone last night in itunes and had to wait till i got to town so it can re-activate and updated to ios5.1.  and if a sprint tech is reading this, i have had this problem since the storm that spun tornados in DFW.  so then if there is nothing wrong with my phone when i get it checked and they keep telling me nothing is wrong with the tower i'm going to assume that i am being THROTTLED.  cause traffic congestion doesn't happen OVERNIGHT.

sorry for the rant but a month with the speeds is enough.  any help will be apreciated.

my zip is 76450

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

JDODOM21,

I do apologize for the problems you are experiencing with the data service in your area. I did pull up your zipcode and there was an issue on 04/21/12 with the 3G device in your area, but that has since been closed. You have already worked with the ticket support group and you are still having issues. i would like to look into this matter a little more. I will be sending  you a private message to gather additional information.

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

04/20/2012 is when the ticket was origanaly opened.

and i just tried to do a mobile deposit and it wouldn't go through cause i have no upload capability for images.

Highlighted
Journeyman

there must be a problem in the DFW area...

my phone works ok here in Plano, at my home in 75287 area code, there is 1-2 bars of 3g and no 4g at all at my apartment. Sprint acknowledged there is a problem but told me they won't fix until July and basically won't do anything further, I can either stick with the crappy service or pay the cancellation fee. that's a whole other story.

Starting yesterday my other line Iphone is not working for data or phone service but there are full bars showing coverage. The person using the phone emailed me that she couldn't use the phone at her work yesterday. When she came home the phone worked fine. The area code she works at is 75229. Today she is having the same problem...

Highlighted
Wizard

JLC2018,

In response to your post regarding area code 75229:

Single Cellsite 9029201 At 2012/04/25 17:04:46 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the DFW : Dallas Market: Single Cellsite (Intermittent service) BLK 65.2% . 04/25/2012 12:04:00 CST 3 04/26/2012 12:34:03 CST 04/25/2012 12:40:16 CST

There is a cellsite issue with this reported zipcode and at this time the ETR is 04/26/12 in the afternoon. I would also like to add that the DFW area is undergoing the implementation of our Network Vision and you can follow the progress and the planned updates by visiting www.sprint.com/network . We do appreciate your patience while the changes are being implemented.

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS still having slow data.  ran a speed test and it said my download speed was 0 kbps and upload was 5kbps. something needs fixed.  and my girlfriend said her phone had roamed all day yesterday.  and i only had one bar on my iPhone where i usually have full service.  also couldn't make calls a few times. I'm about to start wanting my premium data fee back which is thirty bucks combined with all three lines.  It is also impossible to run 2 speedtests right after another with out leaving the app for 5 min. 

update: at 4:40 CDT lost 3g service so now no more spotify

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.